'I Gave Shit Advice'

Adam rolled over and immediately fell to the floor, "Shit!" He yelled out narrowly missing hitting his head on the coffee table, his head pounding and his throat dry.

He slowly stood up, his neck stiff and his back screamed at him the couch wasn't the most comfortable thing he'd ever slept on.

It was barely seven, he went into the kitchen and started a pot of coffee he sat down at the kitchen table rubbing his temples the only thing he could remember was being an ass to Kim.

She padded into the kitchen, "I didn't think you'd be up so soon" she told him, "you feeling alright?"

He wasn't sure how to respond, he knew he'd been a dick "Kind of fell off the couch" he said sheepishly.

A giggle escaped her lips, he cut his eyes at her, "I'm sorry" she covered her mouth with her hand, "it's not funny at all" she dead panned.

"Nah, it's kind of funny. You can laugh" he smiled, an uncomfortable awkwardness filled the tiny kitchen, "I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"Everything" he ran his finger over the rim of the coffee mug, "I should have told you about Nicole, it was a mistake. It's was a summer romance that blew up by Halloween I was young and stupid" he told her, "Now,I'm just stupid. Is that why you want to push the wedding date back?"

"About that" she said, taking the chair opposite him, "don't be mad, but I was just testing you, Sean got this stupid thought in my head and like an idiot I took his advice"

"A test?" He was confused, "How was I supposed to answer?"

"It doesn't matter, I never should have put you in the position"

"I agreed because I thought it was what you wanted, that you were pissed and that you would end up calling it all off and leaving me" his eyes on the mug in front of him, "I was terrified, I think it's part of the reason that I blew the UC case"

"Shit, Adam. I'm so sorry all of this is my fault" she replied, "I should have come to you and not listened to Sean"

"It's mine too, I should have been up front with my history, my dad warned me" he smiled, "he said you deserved to know, I was afraid you'd think less of me"

She got up from the seat she was in and went to Adam, he tilted back in the chair making it easier for her to sit in his lap, her arm draped over his shoulder, "Adam, I love you. You're an amazing man, you are my protector, my rock. You're my safe place, my everything"

Adam brought his hand to her face, "Baby, I'm nothing without you. I want you to be my wife, I want you to be the mother of my children. I love you, more than you'll ever know"

She leaned in and kissed him, he rose from the table her legs wrapping around his waist. He carefully made his way to the bedroom, their lips never parting.

"Roman!" Platt barked from behind the desk, "get your meddling ass over here!"

Sean groaned, he'd already heard it from Atwater and Lindsay but he knew this would be a thousand times worse than what they had said, "Let me save you the energy, I gave shit advice and I should've minded my business, does that cover it?"

"Not entirely, but it's a start" she looked at the bruise and fat lip, "who hit you?"

"Ah, something you don't know?" he smirked, "Adam and I had a little dust up outside of Molly's last night, it's nothing"

Kim propped herself up on her elbow, Adam peacefully snoring away her phone ringing she grabbed it before it woke Adam she was certain he didn't sleep much the previous night.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's Al Olinsky, I'm trying to get a hold of Adam, any chance he's with you?" He asked, calls to Adam's phone going right to voicemail.

Kim felt her cheeks redden, she wasn't sure why exactly, "he's here but he's sleeping, can I take a message?"

Al thought for a minute, "Tell him he needs to report for work tomorrow, they dropped the investigation, he's reinstated"

Kim smiled, "that's fantastic Al, thanks for calling" she ended the call, "Adam, baby wake up" she nudged his shoulder.

He rubbed his eyes, "Something wrong?" He asked his voice still sleepy, "what is it?"

"I just got off the phone with Al, you've been reinstated" she quickly kissed him, "I knew it would work out" her hand going to the waistband of his boxers, "you up for another round?"

"Always, babe always" he grinned as he pulled her on to his chest.

Sean knew he needed to face them both and apologize for getting in the middle of their relationship he was willing to blame it on worrying about Andrew and his mother, he knocked on the door.

Adam heard it first, "Shit, someone is at the door" he grumbled.

Kim put her hand on his chest, "Let me up, I need to answer it" she told him.

"Ugh, just make them go away, please?" He laughed, "and you better put some more clothes on" he grinned.

Sean knocked again wondering what was taking her so long, he heard the chain slide across and the dead bold turned, "Finally Kim" he said as the door opened, Kim looking disheveled and her cheeks flushed.

"Sorry, I was um, occupied" she laughed, "What's up?"

Sean knew Adam was with her, "Can I come in, I need to talk to you and Adam, based on your appearance I'm assuming he's here"

Kim wanted to crawl in a hole and die, "He's here, hang on" she retreated to the bedroom.

"Finally, you're back. Take those clothes off and get back in this bed" Adam laughed.

She tossed him his shirt and a pair of shorts from the drawer, "No, why do I have to get dressed?" He whined.

"Sean's here, he said he needs to talk to us" Kim explained.

They returned to the living room hand in hand, Sean stood.

"This isn't easy for me so please just let me get this out" he told them stammering slightly, "This isn't an excuse by any means, but when you told me about your situation" he was choosing his words carefully, "I had just found out that the transplant was called off and that Andrew only had a few weeks left, that they didn't expect him to survive" a tear falling, "I was pissed off at the world, I still am. I just didn't want to hear your problems when a little boy was near death and the last thing I wanted to hear was-"

Kim cut him off, "Stop its fine Sean" she hugged him, "I wish you would have told me, you shouldn't have dealt with it alone"

"It's alright Sean, it wasn't your fault. I should have been honest with Kim from the get go" Adam told him, "we're good now, and I'm sorry about last night, I shouldn't of hit you"

Sean wiped his eyes, "I provoked you, I was just looking for a fight" he smiled, "you guys really are good?"

Kim went Adam's side wrapping her arms around his waist, "we are"

"Let us know how we can help you Sean, I mean it. You shouldn't go through this alone"

"Thanks, I will keep that in mind" Sean said, "I heard you've been reinstated, welcome back"

"I appreciate it" Adam smiled closing the door as Sean left, "now can we get back in that bed?"

Kim smiled, "try and stop me!" She grinned as she took off down the hallway.