'I'm Sorry Bro'

Kevin searched for Adam, exhaling when he spotted him at his desk "Yo, Adam!" Kevin said placing his hand on the other man's shoulder.

Adam lifted his eyes from his hands, he was certain he had been staring at them for awhile lost in his thoughts, "What's up Kev?" he was still trying to figure out what the hell had just happened.

"I'm sorry bro" he sat on the corner of the desk, "I just assumed Kim knew about the other engagement" he felt like shit, "Is she okay? Cause she looked pissed, I was waiting for her to beat the shit out of you in front of everyone"

Adam chuckled, "I blew it Kevin, like seriously blew it" he ran his hand over his hair, "She wants to push the wedding back a year" he told him, "I better go, she's waiting for me"

Kevin stood, "Adam, I'm sorry"

He waved his hand, "I only have myself to blame, just didn't think it was a big deal" he knew the relationship with Nicole was nothing, just a summer fling that he got caught up in, "I just don't get it, she says it's just being practical, but I can't help but wonder"

"Talk to her man, don't let it fester" Kevin advised him, "we're hitting up Molly's later, come have a drink or two"

Adam nodded, "maybe, I will see how it goes"

Kim was tired of waiting, she thanked her lucky stars when she spotted Roman getting into his car, "Sean! Wait up!" She jogged over to his car.

"Burgess, what's up?"

"Can I get a ride from you?" she was crushed at Adam's response to her 'test' and he seemed to have vanished, though she wasn't sure she wanted to be in his company anyway.

"Where's Ruzek?" Sean asked as he climbed in, "of course you can ride with me, just thought you'd ride with him"

She plopped down in the car, "Well, he failed your little test" she told him as she sent off a text to Adam 'Sean is driving me to my place, talk soon'

"Ah, shit Kim I'm sorry" he replied feeling a bit guilty."What are you going to do?"

She discreetly wiped a tear that had slipped down her cheek, "I'm not sure, I just want to go home and go to bed"

Adam went back to the locker room, "Kim, you in here?" his phone vibrating in his back pocket, he pulled it out and read the text, his heart in his throat, "way to fuck it up Adam" he cursed himself, realizing he may have ruined everything, in a moment of frustration he punched the locker in front of him.

Kim unlocked the door and tossed her bag on the counter, she hadn't been home in days the apartment felt stuffy. She went and opened the windows letting the cool brisk air circulate in the small apartment, a picture of Adam catching her attention. She picked it up and sat on the couch, finally giving in to the emotions she had been fighting since Adam agreed to her suggestion, he didn't even question it and that was what scared her.

He could hear the laughter as soon as he got out of his truck, he couldn't bare the thought of going home to his empty apartment, Kim had basically moved in with him he couldn't remember the last time he slept alone. He figured he'd be sleeping alone for a the considerable future, he had typed out a reply a few times only to erase it and not bother to send anything deciding to give her some space.

She had changed into her pajamas, she grabbed her phone and checked to see if Adam had called while she was in the bath. She felt the air leave her lungs when she had nothing from him, she checked to see if he had read the message she sent and sighed when she saw that he had seen it over an hour ago.

Adam took a seat at an empty booth, he didn't feel like talking to anyone just wanted to be numb.

His heart skipped a beat when his phone rang, "Hello?" His hopes dashed when it was a CI, "Yeah, give me an hour or so" he told him as he slid out of the booth and hustled back to his car. This was just what he needed, something to take his mind off how he had obliterated the best thing he'd ever had.

--NOTE---

Some of this will be closely linked to what aired during the two hour episode but I will put a different spin on it as I feel they cheated us on Burzek scenes!