'Give Him the Push Test'

"Shit, Burgess" Sean groaned, aggravated by her incessant rambling, "if you're that worried give him the 'Push Test', but please stop obsessing over it" He told her, he was over her crisis, he's was in the midst of his own.

"The 'Push Test', what the hell is that?" She glanced at him, she could tell he was annoyed, "Listen, you're the one who brought up the 'he likes the trailer more than the movie' shit, so this is on you"

"It's simple, tell him you want to push the wedding date back a year, he gives you lip he wants to get married, he agrees well  you've got your answer" he told her checking the street one last time, "we got company" he said as they both exited the vehicle.

"Hey" Kim greeted Adam when she stepped in the locker room, her head still stuck in the entrance of the 21st when she learned of his first fiancée, and that she was third. Roman comparing her to the bronze medal in the olympics didn't help her mood at all.

"How's it going Ace Ventura" he smirked, his usual cockiness in his voice normally she found it incredibly sexy but right now her head was too muddled.

"Ah, if you think you're gonna be mad at me you're barking up the wrong tree" his hands outstretched.

"Keep it up buddy" she smiled, her anger and hurt lessening in his presence.

He grinned, "that's my last one" he headed back towards his locker, stopping he turned to face her once more, "I don't want to end up in the dog house" he winked.

That was it she couldn't take it any longer, she tossed her patrol shirt in the bottom of, her locker "Listen, I've been thinking and it's got nothing to do with today but just being practical you know?"

Adam nodded, "yeah?"

Screw it she thought, she threw the gauntlet down, "Why don't we push our wedding date back?"

Adam stopped folding his clothes and leaned against the locker, "like how long?"

"A year? You know get it right" she gave a soft smile, suddenly terrified of what his answer would be and regretting even asking the damn question.

He thought it over, "yea? Ok, yea. Why make ourselves crazy and put all that pressure on it you know"

Devastated Kim smiled, "yea" she replied softly.

"I gotta grab some things and then will go, yea?" His voice soft, "alright baby"

"Bye"

NOTE

The dialogue isn't verbatim I know but you get the gist, the next few parts will be my spin on it.

I'm thinking this will just be at most four or five parts.