Chapter 4

Chapter 4 (Ambers Prov) instead

Hey guys I am really sorry it took me forever to post this but here it is J Hope you enjoy please leave comments and vote <3

I walk out the front door. Annoyance itches at me but I shake it off and hurry down the steps and through my front lawn towards the sidewalk that leads as my guide to school. The morning environment helps calm me down and soon I find myself walking along the road in peace. The sun is just barely peaking over the horizon, casting long shadows across the street making my neighborhood look like a haunted ghost town rather than a rich community. The smell of honeysuckle fills the air and a moist chill causes me to lean my head back and close my eyes in relaxation.  

Birds sing over the far away traffic, a silent morning breeze whispers over my skin making me slightly shiver and open my eyes, tiredly I  look around. Everything here seems to be in order, expect me. The people living in their perfect houses, with their perfect cars, perfect children and heck even perfect dogs. I bite my lip to hold back the painful thoughts of my perfect family; unexpectedly, ripped apart by a blond haired fake boob tramp. Now anger swells up inside me and I find my walking becoming swifter and my strides a little wider. The puree breeze and sweet smell has vanished, leaving me in the darkness that always seems to grasp ahold of me and strangle me like a rag doll, never missing a beat to remind me that no one cares. Whimpering to myself, I quickly pop in my headphones to echo away the demons that claw at my soul, whispering death in my ears.  

Turning up the song,” call your name” By Daughtry, I hum along to the chorus, and think of something new to talk to myself about. Today is the first day of my last year at school. I can’t say I am terrified because I am excited, excited for what might happened. Although, I can’t say I am excited because I am terrified, terrified for what might happen. So I guess you can say I am over whelmed. As I said before I am not popular, actually I am the exact opposite. I mean I am not like Tim or Lauren who are made fun of almost every day, but I don’t meet the standards for the cheerleaders and jocks which is okay. Who needs, correction, who wants that drama in their life? All I want is to get this last year of High school out of the way, so I can actually live my own life as a photographer.

I look up at the sky. Clouds make white shapes that are half shadowed and half aglow do to the rising sun. My head swirls around with thoughts like :what new nick name will Heather create for me this year, or what torturing homework assignments will Mrs.Keith come up with or just a thought, will I meet someone worth my time……or shall I say worth theirs. Quickly realizing where I was going with this I briskly thrash my head about in a “no” manner and swiftly change the song to a more upbeat mood.

What is with me today?

It seems like my own thoughts were out to get me and cause me dismay. Even if I did find someone, I would just scare him away with my deformity. There was no point in trying.

Who needs a person to make them happy anyways? Not me, I have been doing just fine on my own. “Soul mates” are in movies and well I hate to break it to all the freshman girls, this is reality. There is no knight in shining armor that will whisk you away on a white horse to a far off kingdom were you will become his queen. It doesn’t work like that. In order for you to get a guy to even look at you, requires skill and giving up time upon time on killing your naturel beauty to turn yourself into something you’re not. I’m sorry I can’t even give up three minutes to feed my goldfish (That’s why they died and when I say “they” I mean all three…of them*cough. Carrying on) and you expect me to give up three hours of my life to make sure my face and hair is perfect just for you entertainment, yea no. Sadly I still have faith in the “Men” who like you for you, but I am starting to think they might have all died out. Although, the thought of being held and cuddled is nice or the thought of someone actually caring about me gives me that warm homie feeling that I have been lacking in my daily diet. 

Stepping off of the curb and onto the road I look up just in time to see a large piece of medal hurling my way. A loud “HONK’ echoes in my head as I quickly analyze the ongoing situation, there wasn’t enough time to run out of the way, so I spring backwards hoping that was good enough to keep my life. Luckily it gave the ass hole enough time to stop without hitting me. Wrenching my head phones from my ears, I harshly slam my hands on the hood of the vehicle and yell “I am walking here!!”

The warm fuzzy feeling vanishes leaving nothing behind but anger and rage. I feel sorry for this old whippersnapper. Brutally, the door is kicked open. I’m expecting an old senile guy to come hobbling out, but I get something a little sexier. Okay who am I kidding a lot more.

His brilliant green eyes look right through me and burn themselves in the back of my mind, to the point where I know I will never forget them. Black hair dangles in his face and he is quick to fix it back. For a split second my anger dies down and I find myself trying to swallow something back.

“Are you stupid or something? Or did your daddy forget to teach you how to look both ways before crossing the street?” He looks at me through glaring eyes.

Okay, being sexy only gets you so far. This kid’s ass is mine.

“Says the one who doesn’t know how to stop at a stop sign, and oh what is that a cross walk for students. Maybe you missed it but I am wearing a backpack dumb ass.” I roll my eyes “Oh and just for your information my father died before he got the chance.” Maybe a little extreme but this guy deserved it and technically I wasn’t lying. I have no clue where he is, he could be laying in a ditch someplace because the blonde bimbo’s ex-boyfriend got to him, if not he is dead to me anyways.  “Now if you excuse me, this student has to go to school.”

Go figure the sexy guy is a dick.

“WAIT!” Stopping in my tracks I look up to meet his eyes that look pained. Taking me by surprise I turn to face him now, I’m sure the look of shock is plastered on my face because he looks away and then back at me but with cold eyes that showed no emotion.

“You’re right. I’m sorry can I give you a ride to school?” He looks at me with those clear green eyes and I find it hard to say no, so I don’t

“Sure” I breathe as if it annoys me to talk.