Chapter 8 - Nightmare!

Well after the news i got yesterday- finding out i have today and tomorrow to get myself ready for my brother- my shitty mood was only expected. 

today, i could tell, would be a rubbish day. My alarm woke me up at six thirty so i could attempt to hide the bags under my eyes. Lack of sleep kills my looks. anyway, i staggered out of bed over to my dressing table and glared at myself in the mirror. after a while of just looking at the make-up in front of me i went for my eyeliner. Applying it slowly and carefully, i then put on two coats of mascara and i began to look more human.

After putting on a smudge of candy lip gloss and a little bit of blusher, i wandered over to my over to my wardrobe and studied the contents. my wardrobe is a bit bear at the moment as moms got the washing machine going on all of Aden's old clothes. They haven't even been warn! so I'm left with the bare minimum. i eventually go for my dark, green, chiffon maxi dress. this goes well with my blond hair and my makeup today. And also we only have a half day today so I'm heading to the beach with Bess and Evan. I must remember my bikini.

I stumble down the stairs with my wedges in hand to put by the door. shoot i forgot my bag! Running back up stairs and nearly tripping on the first step, i get to my room. just as i push open the door, a huge crash comes from the window. i let out a little scream before shutting my door. I lean up against it thinking about who - or what- could be behind it.  " You OK love?" mum calls up " Breakfast is almost done."  "thanks mom!" i shout down to her.

I have to do this. 

I gently start to open the door, half expecting something to jump out at me. But to my surprise a very guilty, sorry looking Jason is sat on my bed staring at the photos from under my bed. huh? OK this is weird! He hasn't noticed me yet so i just stand there for a minute. He starts to whisper something and tears roll down his cheeks. " Why did i do this? couldn't i have just kept her by my side and everything would have gone okay."

A tingle went through me as he looked up. Startled he jumped up wiping his tears away. Jason, what are you doing in my room? how did you get in here?" Sympathy turned to anger as i came to terms with the picture he was looking at. It was of his sister and him. 

All my hope was flattened by sadness. His sister passed away when we were seven. she died of cancer. it was very hard on us all. she was a nice girl, brown hair with green eyes and gorgeous tanned skin. i feel a pang of sadness wash over me as tears ran down my face. "Jason, Im so sorry." and with that we were in each others arms. However all the sadness was because of the death of her, not because it wasn't me in the picture.

After Jason had escaped back out of my bedroom window, my feelings came back and i started to get my bag ready for school. Once again i went down stairs and put my bag down by the door. " well, it takes you a while to get a few things and chuck them into a bag doesn't it?" mum chuckles. i solemnly grunt and sit down to my now cold toast. yum. 

i make my way through the frozen cardboard and then leave the house in, very much the same way i left my room. 

I got to school and, like i always do, i head straight to my locker to find Bess and Evan. bubbly they were talking until they saw my face. "Amber, what happened! you look like you've been crying. " yeah Amber what's wrong?" they both say. " nothing you guys. I'm fine! just a little knocked about the Aden thing." i tell them, hoping that they can't see through me. They don't but they do regard me with worried looks. "i'm fine!" 

i make my way to my first class, leaving them behind. I look back to check they're not watching me. Nope didn't think so but a very tired, Very red Jason is standing in front of me when i turn back around. " ugh! what are you doing?" i practically shout at him. " sorry, i didn't mean to frighten you." he mutters while shoving a few photos in my hand. A glance down at the photos and he's gone again. Although i can hear sniffles and foot steps behind me now.

a wash of love falls over and i instantly know that this can't happen. 

I walk to my class and sit down in my usual spot. Miss know-it-all is blabbing on about science stuff but i'm not listening. i'm too busy hatching a plan to get over Jason.

Then, BAM! i've got it! i just have to get a boyfriend! that will make me get over him in no time! and i know of a few guys that will happily be my partner in crime.