Chapter 5 - Shopping

A/N Hey! sorry i haven't updated in ages, i have been snowed under in revision for my GCSEs! i promise to update a little quicker this time! 

OK, its Ja-- "you know who's" birthday tomorrow. ( I'm avoiding his name ) Mom said that i was allowed to go, but with my head saying no and my heart saying yes, i could only feel a little at war with myself. Me and Bess had been debating it over the phone for a week now. 

"you should come! it will be so much fun if we both went!" she enthused. "i know but you know what i'm like with him! i one glimpse and my stomach will be in my mouth!" i batted back. " but Amber--"  " but nothing Bess! i can't go, it will only make me worse! and your the one saying i need to get over Him before he causes trouble!" i shouted.  "OK."  

I knew by the tone in her voice that day that she knew i would change my mind. i R.S.V.P-ed to the invite a few minutes after i hang up to Bess. She still seemed to have a worrying tone but i couldn't put my finger on what it was that was bothering her.

Now I'm stuck with it. can't go back. i won't go back! But this is such a bad idea. i know I'm only going to get hurt and as far as i'm concerned, i don't think that's a good idea either! Ugh, see what i mean when i said at war with myself?

Anyway, i pushed the thoughts of me all cut up about 'him' out of my head. Today its all about my friends and me. i'm going shopping with Bess and Evan for dresses. Evan is adamant he is not here to help with the shopping, but only for the free food. Of course me and Bess will be dragging him into every store before we get to the food court! 

Evan turns up in his swish new car to take us to the mall. Evan is eighteen already and , unlike me or Bess, knows how to drive with out killing anyone. cough cough Bess. As for me, i can't drive yet. i dont't think i have ever needed to. 

Evan Is tall with shaggy blond hair and dark brown - almost black - eyes. his eyes mesmerise me as they are so dark. not that i love him or anything... ewe me and Evan? never! anyway, he has a toned, tall body. One like the famous movie jock or the leader of the basketball team. but the most exercise you could ever get Evan to do would be to get food from the refrigerator. ha ha yep, Evan is obsessed with food. 

"hey, you!" he regards me with a smirk. "what? is their something on my face?" i ask, rummaging around in my bag for a tissue before wiping my face. "no, but if you don't un-tuck your dress, people are going to think you have suddenly turned into Louise Flecture!" he grins and i instantly feel my face light up like traffic lights as i rapidly pull my dress down. I'm wearing a knee-length blue, summer dress today and surprisingly i don't look to bad. I should go easier on myself! after all, i'm not Louise Flecture.

Finally, after fifteen minutes of swerving around corners and having my hair air dried by the wind, we get to Bess's house. She lives in a grand mantionette on the other side of town. It's beautiful inside but i have know time to go into great detail as Bess has already started up a conversation including 'you know who' in it. 

" oh my days! i cannot believe we are going to his party tomorrow! we need to look gorgeous so i suggest we go to hennes first, then blah blah..." i get distracted by the thought of Jason at his home. looking as good as ever. " Amber?" 

"Huh? oh sorry i got distracted, what were you saying?" i mumble. " Amber, you need to get out more! look how lucky you are! you don't need Jason! You have us!"  "shes Right Amber" i here Evan say while locking the car. "OK, you guys! i thought we were shopping not discussing my love life! come on lets go get us some dresses!" i say. That does the trick and the rest of my day was filled with clothes, shoes, bags, giggles and Evan moaning about how hungry he is. You have got to love Evan.