The Lock Down: Part Four - Ghost Fight

Aaron watched with wide eyes as Emma's apperition raised her leather clad fists. The demon inside of Zak laughed. "Oh little girl, how foolish you are to think that you can defeat me," the demon sneered. Emma's eyes lit up with baby blue fire. Emma leapt at Zak. Aaron became shocked as Emma knocked Zak's giant figure onto the floor and wrenched his jaw open. She held Zak down firmly as she crammed her fist into his mouth.
Aaron spectated with amazement as Emma pulled a dark shadow out of Zak's throat. Zak wrenched and fought, but in the end Emma won the battle and threw the dark shadow into the wall. The dark shadow took the shape of a large man. It roared at Emma with the battle cry of a lion. Emma didn't bat an eyelash. She pushed Zak far behind her, then leapt at the mass. Zak quickly picked up the camera off of the kitchen table and began recording the ghost fight. Aaron was both to scared and enticed by the fight to even crack a joke about Ghost Fight Club. Zak glanced at Aaron and Nick. Without Zak having to say anything, Aaron picked up Nick's camera- which Nick had practically thrown aside in his desperate flee for the toilet- and began recording Emma's fight for freedom.

Zak stood beside Aaron, his mind on the events of the past five minutes. He had been aware during his possession. He could see everything he was doing and knew it was wrong, but it was like the demon had become his mind. He couldn't stop. He watched as he aimed the knife at Aaron, as he stabbed Nick's wrist. Zak wanted to throw up at the thought of what could've happened.
Zak was snapped out of his thoughts as a high pitched screech pierced his ear drums. Emma had the dark shadow in a head lock, while her knee dug into the center of it's spine. Emma twisted the shadow's neck and it fell to the ground, limp. Emma huffed and wiped her forehead. Then, she turned and glared at Zak. "I. . .told you. . .not to stay here," she said, her voice soft. "I told you. . .he'd get to you. Why do you. . .never listen?" Zak's lip wobbled.
"Emma, we had to find out what happened," Zak said. "We didn't want people to slowly forget about you. Especially after what we found out." A tear rolled down Emma's cheek.
"They had. . .no right to come here," Emma snarled, glaring at the fallen shadow behind her. Emma looked at Zak intently, staring deeply into his eyes. "Get. . .them. . .in jail. They can't. . .get my family." Zak smiled, tears staining his cheeks. Even after death, all Emma wanted was to protect her family. Seeming to read Zak's thoughts, Emma said, "they're ev. . .erything to me Zak. They can't. . .die like that. I won't l-let it happen." Zak nodded and reached a hand out towards Emma.
"We won't let it happen Emma. Your family's safe. I promise." Emma raced to Zak and hugged him tightly. Zak didn't care how cold he was, it felt therapeutic to have Emma hug him. Emma released Zak and stepped back. She looked over at Nick, who was still lying on the bathroom floor. Zak panicked as he saw all of the blood surrounding Nick.
"Nick?," Aaron asked. "Are you okay?" Nick didn't respond, just remained on the floor. His eyes were closed and his mouth was slightly open. Zak walked over and felt for a pulse. There was none.
"Nick?," Zak asked, his panic increasing. "Aaron, Nick's not breathing." Zak whipped his head around. Aaron and Emma were watching Zak. Aaron's eyes were filled with pity and fear. Emma, however, looked determined and vigilant. Suddenly, an orb shot from Nick's body. Emma leapt forward and cupped it between her hands. She glanced at Zak then cocked her head to the side, indicating for Zak to move aside. Zak slid over, away from Nick's body, and Emma took his place. Emma knelt beside Nick and closed her eyes, the orb still cupped between her hands. Zak watched her in desperation, praying that he didn't lose this teammate tonight.