The Special : Part Three

After reviewing the footage, the team was ready for lock down. When Laura locked them in, Aaron and Nick switched on their cameras. "Okay first thing's first," Nick said. "Aaron and I want to see this head collection." Emma growled. "Not in a creepy way," Nick said quickly, noticing the glare Emma was shooting him. Nodding, Emma led them down the hallway a bit until they were at the nurses station. Emma stepped aside and motioned for them to go inside, while Emma and Zak stood outside the room. Aaron and Nick came racing almost immediately, yelling and panicking. "We saw an apperition!," Nick yelled. This caught Emma's attention, and she marched into the room. Zak peeked into the room. Sure enough, there was a clear apperition of a woman standing in the corner of the room. The woman was wearing a bloody nurses outfit. Zak realized who this was. It was the apperition of the hanged nurse.
Emma seemed to realize who it was too, for she moved forward so she had the ghost trapped in the corner. "Think it's funny to decapitate children?," Emma asked. Her voice was low and threatening, causing goosebumps to crawl up Zak's spine. "I'm glad they hanged you, it's the least you deserve for what you did." From the look the ghost gave Emma, Zak guessed that Emma was actually scaring it. "You're lucky I wasn't there to decide your punishment," Emma said, keeping the same frightening tone. "I would have tortured you. I would have made your death feel ten times worse than what you gave those kids." Suddenly, the nurses ghost let out a loud, high-pitched screech in Emma's face. Emma's only reaction was a clench of her fist. With that, the ghost flew through Emma, then disappeared. Emma fell to the ground, clutching her chest. Zak and the others rushed to her side.
"You okay?," Zak asked as he and Aaron pulled Emma off the ground. Emma nodded, regaining her footing.
"I. . .I still want to do an EVP session in here," Emma said. "I want to see if I can get in touch with any of the other victims." Zak was hesitant at first, but then nodded.
"Okay," Zak said. "Call through your earpiece if you dig up anything." Emma nodded, and the three men left the room. The only thing with Emma now was a night vision camera, an EVP recorder and a chair.

Emma sat down in the chair in the middle of the room and flicked the switch on the EVP recorder. "Hey, my name's Emma," she said. "I just wanted to see if there were any spirits willing to talk to me." She waited for a few moments, then rewound the recorder. A young, male voice came back through.
"I'm. . .Tony," the voice said. Emma smiled.
"Hi Tony. I'm going to ask a bit of a personal question but. . .were you murdered by the nurse that was hanged here a few years ago?" Tony responded clearly through the recorder.
"Leave. . .Cindy. . .she's. . .here," Tony said. Emma cocked her head in confusion.
"Cindy? Who's Cindy?"
"Cindy. . .my head. . .the shelf." Emma's eyes widened in realization.
"Cindy was the nurse that killed you," Emma said quietly. Emma looked up at the ceiling. "I'm sorry for what Cindy did to you Tony."
"Emma. . .Cindy. . .after y. . .you." Emma's eyes widened, not only at the fact that Tony had used her name, but at the warning he gave her. Emma tried to stay calm, but her brain had other ideas and she took off out of the room.
When Emma found Aaron, she told him they needed to go back to Nerve Center. "You need to hear this," Emma said. Aaron contacted Zak and Nick through his earpiece and they all rushed back to Nerve Center. When Aaron and Emma got there, Nick and Zak rushed towards them. Emma quickly stuck the EVP recorder into the computer slot and brought up the recorded audio. When the audio was done playing, Zak patted Emma on the back.
"Nice work Em," Zak said. Emma shrugged. Suddenly, Billy waved Emma and Zak over.
"You guys might want to see this," Billy said. He was reviewing video footage from Emma's EVP session. The group couldn't believe what they were seeing. Standing in the corner was nurse Cindy's apperition, except she was fighting against many children-looking ghosts. Standing protectively in front of Emma was a tall girl with short brown hair, while a ghost boy stood in front of Emma, barely visible, and kept touching her recorder.
"Holy cow," Emma said, partially to herself. "I had NO IDEA all of this was happening." Zak nodded.
"The paranormal work in weird ways," Zak said. Emma and the others nodded. They all left Nerve Center after that, except for Billy and Jay of course, and continued investigating. The group caught a few more shots of anomalies and even recorded some unknown noises, then it was time to leave.

Emma and Zak rushed to the back of the van while Aaron and Nick got up front, Nick in the drivers seat, while Billy and Jay drove the equipment van a little way behind. When the group got back to headquarters, they spent over two hours editing down the special. When they were done, Zak handed Emma a copy. Emma smiled and thanked him, then met her parents outside.

1 week later

Zak clicked the number on his cellphone and listened to the phone ring before a woman's voice cut the rings off. "Hello?," the woman asked.
"Hi this is Zak Bagans of the Ghost Adventures crew. I was wondering if I could speak to your daughter." The woman told him to wait one moment and the line went silent for a few seconds.
"Hello?," Emma asked.
"Hey Emma. It's me Zak."
"Oh hey Zak what's up?"
"I have a question for you."
"Let me here it."
"See the guys and I were thinking recently. We were really impressed how much you were able to uncover with your different methods. Not only that, but our other viewers really liked you on the show. We were wondering, do you want to become an official member of Ghost Adventures."
"Um, yeah? That sounds epic! When's your guys next investigation?"
"We're actually leaving for one soon. How quick can you get here?"
"Be there in twenty." Then the phone clicked.

And so, over the course of about a year, Emma was part of the team. But it didn't last long. On the date of March 6th, 2013, the group receives shocking news