7 Things

Fenrix had been meeting up with Lucky for a few weeks and had been focusing on finding out as much as possible about her, a staple in his general flirting pattern: find out everything you can about them; let them know a few details then fake everything else; compliment when the opportunity arises; succeed in making everyone else jealous and then send them on their way. Fenrix didn't think this relationship would pan out any differently.

He found her sleeping in the lower branches of a large oak tree. As a matter a fact, HIS oak tree. This tree what were HE came to doze and relax, when he wasn't flirting or flying, that is.

He trotted underneath where her chocolate form lay sprawled out on the branch above him and smiled. Lucky had told him that she liked sleeping in trees, not only did it protect them from other nocturnal predators, but it made her feel 'higher than everyone else'. Oh, she acts and thinks like a princess more than Andromeda sometimes...

Lucky shifted in her sleep and her head now hung lazily over the branch. Fenrix smiled. She looked quite happy up there. His mind wandered to the other things she had told him of her likes and dislikes. Her favourite meals were mice and fish. She didn't like flying fast or hunting early in the morning, but prefered hunting at night. When she wasn't being Badass or Awesome, she liked to do something quite out of character and 'tame' in Fenrix's eyes: she liked to walk around in the forest or meadow, either by herself or with her friends, simply enjoying their company. In fact, that's what Fenrix had planned for the day, if she wanted to join him.

"Hey! Lucky!" He called, rising on his hind legs and flapping his wings, sending an updraft in hopes that it would wake her up. He smiled as he heard a groutchy mumble from Lucky and tired dark blue eyes looked down at him.

~~~

A very groutchy Lucky looked down at a smug Fenrix from her perch on the branch. She had been in the middle of a very nice dream, she being surrounded by vinilla ice-cream rabbits, all moving very slowly, perfect for catching. Then, just as she was about to taste the sweet vinilla, she hears and almighty "Hey! Lucky!" Oh, woe betide the fool who woke her... And of course it had to be Fenrix!

With a glare that could scare a cougar, Lucky stared at Fenrix with an expectant, although very impatient look. When all he did was smile triumphantly, Lucky huffed and shifted so she could look at him easier. The smug look never left his handsome face.

Wait - what?! Where did that come from?!

Lucky shook her head and desided to start some sort of conversation before she actually embarrasses herself. "Fenrix, what do you want?" She grumbled, taking the time she had to groom herself a little. If she really had to talk to him, she might as well look presentable.

"It's a beautiful day, come on, wake up and lets go out!" Fenrix called up. Lucky paused in her grooming for a second before continuing on, showing no reaction passed indifference.

"Why should I? I was perfectly happy up here in my tree before you came along!" She snorted.

Down bellow, she heard Fenrix laugh. "Hey! 'Your tree'? Sweetness, that there is MY tree you're napping in!" He laughed again before flapping his wings, impatiently. "Come on, Gorgeous, it's a beautiful day. It would be a shame to waste it!" He called. Lucky didn't budge. He'd have to do more than flatter her before he'd get her out of this comfy tree, no matter who it belonged to. "Come on, I'll take you anywhere you wanna go, yeah? Now, come down!" Fenrix launched himself up onto the branch and landed next to Lucky. She bearly acknowledged his presence. "Lucky..." He grumbled.

At last, Lucky grew tired of her game too. "Alright," she told him, standing and shaking herself down. "I'll come. What have you got planned, Big Boy?" With this, she jumped down, Fenrix close behind.