Mixing it up

After Olivia left and I went to take a cold shower, to get my body back to its normal temperature and not the warm feeling I felt all over. Although, I kind of liked it.

My parents went back to their usual routines; on their phones, thinking about themselves, and ignoring me.

And as usual I couldn't care less. It's sad really because they're my family; I should care about rather or not they wanted to spend time with me but after 17 years, I got over it.

My sister told me she was going out (same old same old). When I asked her where she was going she gave me some cryptic ass answer. I thought about her answer for the first five seconds then shrugged it off five seconds later. Like I mentioned before I no longer care.

The cold shower left its expected effect. I was freezing so my remedy was to curl upon the couch with a warm blanket and pop in 'Beauty and the Beast'. I did have my snuggie at first but then I tripped, because that thing is way longer than I am, before I could even get out my room with it so I tossed it back in my closet.

I snuggled deeper in the couch, eyes focused on Beast and Belle dancing in the ballroom. On the outside, their world seems as perfect as Disney movies portrayed. But I knew on the inside they were miserable, and only their love for each other was a cure.

In a way, as I stared at Beast as he look at Belle, I realized Beast and I were alike in some aspects. Both of us rejected by society because of our appearances and hard yet shy exteriors. The difference between us though was he had found love, and I have not. Oh and that he is a giant hairy monster with conceited ways and a temper.

Maybe all I needed to do was find my Belle and life would get better. My mind drifted from the fairytale couple to Olivia.

She was always so forward and confident. Not afraid to show everyone who she was. Olivia was able to like whoever she wanted when she wanted. She was so beautiful and yet so humble. Olivia was the best of both worlds. And yet she bothered to be near me. It was a mystery.

Olivia was able to turn me into a nervous stuttering mess with just one look. And for some reason it wasn't like my scared nervousness I get around others, it was more like an excited jittery feeling. I sort of even liked it.

"What you thinking about so hard kangaroo? I'm sure a Disney movie is not that philosophical." I turned my head away from the screen. I could see a smile on my Grandma's face due to the illuminating TV screen but in her eyes shone with slight concern.

"Nothing important."

"Fine. Do you mind if watch with you? There is nothing to do around here." My grandma said before plopping down next to me on the couch not waiting for an invitation.

We sat in silence staring at the TV.

"So what's up with that Olivia girl? She seems like a little snob." Grandma said breaking the silence.

"She's not like that!" I defend quickly with vigor. My grandma stares at me in shock, because I rarely ever raise my voice. I blush heavily under my grandma's gaze. "I-I mean she is not a snob. Olivia really nice, I g-guess."

"So she is your friend then?" I nod and return my gaze back to the TV, trying to avoid the conversation all together.

"I don't think she is your friend." Grandma spoke again bringing up Olivia again. I sighed; she apparently wasn't going to let my outburst go.

"But she is."

"I think there is something is going on between you two, but I won't say anything because you haven't figured it out for yourself yet."