Chapter Twenty-Three "Kisses"

Zayn's POV

Be patient with me.

His answer was still lingering in my ears when he was long gone. Just like I could still feel the touch of his lips on mine.

He kissed me!

And I had agreed to forgive him. Under one condition. I wanted to hear him say it. I wanted to know where I was at with him. Just because he was sorry, didn't mean he was prepared to commit to me.

Be patient with me. That sounded like he was trying to commit but he needed time. It wasn't a No.

I had been so incredibly patient over the past five months and I hadn't gotten anywhere. And now...

"God, Chrissy..." I put my hands over my eyes and tried to erase that stupid grin from my face. "He kissed me!" I had said that about a dozen times over the course if our conversation.

She had obviously immediately noticed that something had happened between me and Liam and that I was incredibly eager to tell someone about it. I needed to talk about it.

She smiled. "So, does that mean you're together now?"

"No.", I said simply, my smile not fading.

"Okay...", she laughed, irritated. "Then, what are you?"

"I'm not sure.", I said, fumbling with my gloves. "Somewhere at the beginning of something."

"But you've known each other for so long. Why is he so hesitant? Is he afraid of commitment?"

"Kinda, I think." I shrugged. "I don't think he's really afraid to commit but rather afraid to...love? ...I don't really know. Harry might - but I don't want to be nosy."

"Time will tell." She grinned at me and wrapped her arms around my neck, pressing way to hard, squeaking excitedly. "I'm so happy for you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh Liam, love.", my Mum said and pulled him into a tight hug, when I brought him home for the first time about a week after the party. "I've missed you. Where have you been? I'd been so worried. Zayn wouldn't even mention you anymore. I'd thought something might have happened."

I smiled at Liam who looked at my mother, completely baffled. "Thanks Mrs Malik. No, I'm fine."

When we turned to walk upstairs to my room, Liam lightly stroked my hand with his fingertips, giving me a sneaky smile and Mum pulled on my shirt, smirking at me. "So that's how the land lies.", she whispered.

Liam went on while I stopped to look at my mother. "Mum...please...", I sighed, not able to stop my lips from curling into a smile.

My little sister poked me in the side, smiling widely. "Is he your boyfriend?", she blurted out and I heard Liam stop halfway up the stairs. Crap!

"God.", I laughed nervously. Don't say anything stupid. "Could you guys just leave me alone, already?" I sighed in relief when I heard Liam walking again. "Maybe.", I whispered, winking at my sister and followed Liam up the stairs.

"So...", Liam mumbled, slowly trailing his fingers up my arm. "Did you miss me too?"

"Nah...not really." I turned around and started wandering about in my room. "Didn't think of you that much, really."

I had my back turned towards him but then he grabbed my wrist, jerked me around and twisted his arms firmly around my waist. "Are you sure?", he hissed, pressing his forehead against mine.

I tried to catch my breath, while I felt his on my lips, my mind going in circles. Will I ever get used to this? "Most certain.", I managed to bring out and twisted my face away from his.

He softly grabbed my jaw and forced me to look at him again. I lost my balance and fell onto the bed behind me, pulling him down with me.

"So you didn't ever think about... this?", he whispered in a husky voice, as he placed a line of kisses from my ear down my neck.

I shook my head. "Nope.", I breathed shakily.

"Or this?" He went further down my torso, kissing my chest on top of my shirt, but I could still feel his warm breath through the fabric, sending goosebumps all over my skin.

"No.", I gasped, my heart throbbing under his touch.

He hooked his fingers into my shirt. "Or th-", he was cut off by a hard pounding on the door.

"Boys! Dinner's ready!", Mum yelled from the opposite side of the door and I heard her march off again.

Liam let his head fall onto my chest, laughing into the fabric. "That didn't seriously just happen, did it?"

"Oh, it did.", I chuckled and pushed him off me. "Come on. Let's have dinner." I smiled teasingly at him as I stressed the word Dinner and cupped his face in both my hands before kissing him slowly. "We'll continue this some other time."