Chapter 6: "The Demon's Child"

He was masculine despite his height. But for a guy, having pigtails on the sides for a hairstyle made him look weird. Rei ignored his rants and went straight forward. The little guy glanced at him and raised his eyebrows in shock after recognizing his face.

"Kuro-chan!" he squealed.

Having no idea he was called, Rei ignored him and kept on walking. The little guy, however, was persistent in calling him.

"Kuro-chan! Kuro-chan!"

Rei kept on ignoring him and he thought, "Who the hell is that guy calling?"

Upon noticing that they were the only ones inside the covered court, he decided to look back at the little guy.

"Thank goodness, he heard..." said the little guy. Seeing Rei up close, the little guy was certain that he was the Kuro-chan he kept mentioning.

"Long time no see, Kuro-chan!" he said enthusiastically. Rei looked confused after the sudden change in the little guy's expression. It was warm and welcoming. But the thing was, he couldn't recognize him at all. As he saw Rei scratching the right side of his head due to confusion, the little guy noticed and shouted out,"Kurogane Rei! My first friend in Todai!"

Rei gasped and wondered, "His first friend?"

The little guy kept on shouting things that were related to him, "Five years, Kuro-chan! It's been exactly five years!"

Right before he could continue spewing words, a girl arrived and scolded him.

"Nii-saaaaaaaan!! Stop screaming!"

Rei glanced behind and saw the girl and he recalled that she was the usherette before.

"That girl..." he sighed.

Covered Court Unofficial Opening Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGPqcNNj1EM&feature=youtu.be

By the way she called the little guy, Rei concluded that they were siblings. Embarrassed by her brother's actions, the girl twisted his left ear and reprimanded him.

"How many times have I told you not to wander off?"

The little guy seemed to have calmed down as he looked at the girl with a pout on his face and pleaded,"But he's a long-time friend, Konan-chan."

The girl named Konan then glanced at the professor and asked, "Do you know my brother, sensei?"

The unsure look on the professor's face was enough to confirm that he doesn't know him, so she told her brother, "He doesn't seem to agree with you, brother."

"But... but..." he insisted.

She looked at the time on a wrist watch on her left hand and told her brother, "It's getting late, bro. We still have to help mother..."

She then apologized to the professor for the commotion her brother caused and accompanied him away from the covered court. Rei saw them leave and saw the sad look on the little guy's face. One thing that bothered him was that the little guy seemed to have known a lot of things about him but he couldn't remember anything about the little guy.

"That shorty sure was weird..." he thought.

While on their way outside the university premises, Konan noticed her brother's gloomy expression and asked, "Why are you so upset about that, bro?"

The little guy chanted words she couldn't hear, so she asked him to say it again. This time, her brother stopped and repeated what he said, "That guy was Kurogane Rei, right?"