Chapter 5: "Waistcoats"

Whether it was about starting a new life, making a difference for oneself or for others, or perhaps embarking on a new adventure, Spring has always been a symbol for new beginnings.

After a month's training under Asako Megumi, Rei was ready to start working as a professor in the Tokyo University.

"Kurogane-sensei... I like the sound of it!'

It was early in the morning when he drove his black Lamborghini and parked it inside the school premises. Since it was Spring, several trees have less likely sprouted and others have not sprouted at all. The students around his car were startled because seeing such a luxury car parked in Todai was rare.

As soon as he got out from the car, they were curious enough that they started to flock around him, especially the ladies. Dressed in his usual attire, he heard several gossips coming from the students. Some would question if he was some sort of a secret agent, while the ladies fawned over his looks.

Trying not to look disgusted, he thought, "What are these guys, kindergartners?"

The old woman, Asako Megumi, waited for him across the parking lot. Approaching his casually-dressed grandmother, he saw her holding a yellow-colored sling with the university's emblem printed on it. She smirked at him as she handed the sling over to him and said, "Looking flashy as usual, Kurogane-sensei."

Rei took out his ID from his wallet and attached it on the sling. He smiled and glanced to the old woman and said, "I'll do my best, director."

He then proceeded to the Yasuda Auditorium to attend the annual opening ceremonies. But before he could take a step inside the said auditorium, he took a few steps backwards to have a view of its exteriors. Aside from its superb architectural design, its brownish color seemed to make it look like a chocolate bar and the clocks attached to the four sides of the tall part of the structure made it unique.

As he stood on the oval part of the u-shaped landscape, he heard students talking as they passed right beside him.

"Finally, I'm here in Todai!" said a guy.

"I'm going to make my dreams come true!" said another guy.

"I'll catch up, dear!" said a girl.

It just kept on going. Seeing them enthusiastic as these people entered the auditorium, Rei smiled and held the tip of his hat.

"A land of dreams and promises, huh?"

Covered Court Unofficial Opening Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGPqcNNj1EM&feature=youtu.be

He then followed up and walked inside the Yasuda Auditorium. A student usherette, distinguished by an arm band patched with the emblem of the student council, welcomed him with a heartwarming smile. Upon seeing him wearing a faculty ID, she beamed her eyes in shock and immediately guided him to the reserved seats for the faculty.

"Are you the new professor, sir?" asked the usherette.

Rei took hold of his hat by his right hand and nodded. After passing through the left side of the auditorium, she managed to usher him to his designated seat. Before leaving though, she snuck a look at his ID and said, "It was nice meeting you, Kurogane-sensei."

Trying not to act friendly, he responded with just a nod. It gave her the impression that he was strict, in which he was expecting.

"Work is work... I'll just focus on that." he thought.