Chapter 4: "Where It Starts"

Rei fought against the remaining bodyguards and managed to knock down two of them. Just as he was about to deal with the rest, one snuck behind him, took out a Chloroform-moist handkerchief from a plastic bag, and covered it on to his mouth. He struggled to fight back, but later lost his consciousness due to the effect of the chemical. The bodyguard then called the old woman afterwards.

"Operation: Black Hole accomplished, Asako-sama."

She smiled and told the bodyguard, "Bring him back to the limo. We're taking him home."

Covered Court Unofficial Opening Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGPqcNNj1EM&feature=youtu.be

One of them carried Rei back in the limo. As soon as the old woman came back, they drove back to the Kurogane residence in Sengoku. As they arrived a few minutes later, she then asked another bodyguard to carry Rei inside the living room.

"How long will he be unconscious?" asked the old woman. The man placed Rei on the couch and answered,"He should be awake few minutes from now, Asako-sama."

The old woman then sat beside her unconscious grandson and said, "Rest for now, Rei-chan. Welcome back home."

A few moments later, she heard screeches of car wheels fast approaching the drop-off hall outside the entrance door. She assumed, "They're here, huh?"

The doors were then opened by a woman rushing inside, busy with a conversation over the phone. Just as she was about to pass through the couch where the old woman sat, she noticed a young man beside her. She stopped as her eyes enlarged in shock while recognizing the young man.

"Rei-kun?"

She ended the call she was having and then approached him. Upon confirming his identity, she then hugged him tightly and started crying. Rei, however, was still unconscious at that time.

"It is you... Rei-kun..."

The old woman stood up, pat the woman's shoulder, and greeted, "Your son is back, Madoka..."

The woman was Rei's mother, Kurogane Madoka. Madoka is the only daughter of Megumi. Seeing her son after five years was a blessing. She wondered, however, why he looked unconscious.

"Mother..." she looked at the old woman suspiciously.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" asked her mother.

Madoka emphasized the suspicious look to her mother and asked, "Black Hole succeeded for the first time, right ma?"

The old woman smiled and bragged, "My plans always work, Madoka!"

Several minutes after her daughter's arrival, another car drove inside the Kurogane residence. This time, it was a black limousine. As the doors were opened by the bodyguards, a man, accompanied by Wataru, walked inside the house. Like Wataru, he was dressed in a corporate attire.

"Don't forget to remind the logistics department about the breakdown of their expenses..."

While assigning the ask to Wataru, he noticed Rei, whose head leaned over Madoka's lap. Seeing him changed his mood and tried waking him up, "Wake up, Rei..."

Not knowing the boy was unconscious, the man raised his voice and repeated, "WAKE UP, REI!"

His voice was loud enough that it echoed all over the living room. Rei's body felt chills ran down his spine and woke up startled. Upon opening his eyes, he saw that everything around him was close to being golden. From the well-designed wallpapers, imported furniture, until the chandelier that was parallel to the golden staircase.