Chapter 9: Gratitude

Hey everyone! Remember when I said that there was going to be 3 more chapters? Well, I estimated wrong. Now there are three more chapters. That's right. Third to last chapter is right here.

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys this brand new chapter and I'll see you guys next time.

🌸Cat🌸

I dedicate this chapter to tashey50.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Brown eyes met with the dark ceiling as soon as they opened. Lucy stared at the ceiling for a few minutes before she closed them once again. It's way too early to get out of bed. For now, she just wanted to sleep. It's weird though. Lucy didn't remember checking into a hotel last night. Then again, she didn't even remember setting foot in Magnolia.

At that moment, Lucy's eyes completely opened up and she immediately shot up. The only sound in that room was her heavy, panicked breaths. She couldn't say anything else, but her mind was different. It was asking all sorts of questions: Where was she? How did she get here in the first place? Why was she here? Asking there questions would get her nowhere though. Lucy took one deep breath to calm herself down. Soon after, she carefully scanned the place. It was still dark, but at least there was some moonlight brightening up a part of the room. There wasn't anything in this room that can harm her...yet. The celestial spirit mage did notice a circular carpet on the ground and a potted plant and books on the window sill, but that's pretty much it. She tried to look out the window as well to help her figure out her location, but all she saw was the forest and the moon. Although both of them look beautiful, it didn't really help determine her location. Lucy could only sigh for her fruitless search.

'What am I going to do now?' Lucy asked herself as her gaze slowly fell down to her lap. A gasp escaped her lips when her eyes landed on the white bandages wrapped around both of her arms. She looked under her blanket and noticed the white bandages on her legs as well. It was there the celestial spirit mage noticed her new clothes. She was now wearing what seems to be a plain black shirt and black shorts, both of which were too big for the girl. It was hard to tell though. The moonlight was her only source of light after all. Either way, someone changed her clothes and patched her up. The only question now is...who? And why that person did this of course. For some reason, Lucy's head started to hurt. She lifted her hand up and placed it on her head. As soon as she felt her head, Lucy's eyes widened. She felt around her head to confirm her suspicions, and it's true: there were bandages wrapped around her head as well. The celestial spirit mage slowly dropped her hands down to her eye level. Those brown eyes of hers, which were filled with fear, were just staring at them soon after.

'What...happened to me...?' Lucy mentally asked herself with a shaky voice. She could feel her eyes watering up as her fears slowly take over. It's no surprise though. She was sitting in an unknown room all by herself, had bandages wrapped around her arms, legs, and head, and was now wearing different clothes. Lucy leaned against the back of the couch and tightly gripped onto it.

All of a sudden, Lucy felt someone place a hand of her shoulder. She let out a loud, terrified scream. To defend herself, she grabbed the person's hand, removed it from her shoulder and threw the person down to the ground. Lucy heard someone grunt when she heard the body slam.

The lights turned on all of a sudden. Then it was followed by a lazy voice asking a question. Lucy didn't hear the question, because the moment the lights turned on, she saw the pink-haired boy lying on the ground.

"Natsu!" Lucy exclaimed with a surprised tone. She tore her blanket away and quickly kneeled down next to the boy. Then, the blonde placed one hand against his back and the other one holding his arm so she can help him sit up. "Are you alright?" Lucy asked once Natsu was sitting up.