Chapter 6: Yuu Kai

Hey everyone! Late update. Sorry for that. There are just so many things for me to do: school, club, homework, my fanfics...a lot of things. I'm not really different from any other student though. Everyone has their own things to do. Just got to do my best no matter what.

So, that's what I have to say. Yeah...pretty boring. I hope this chapter isn't boring for everyone though. Enjoy!

🌸Cat🌸

I dedicate this chapter to NaLuDragonSlayer24.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Lucy was still hugging Plue, but her grip on him was tighter than before. She didn't even dare to look up, not when she has to face him. She slowly rose from the ground, taking Plue along as well. Her face was still down and her eyes laid upon her celestial spirit. Lucy mentally took a deep breath to calm herself down, because she was definitely not calm right now.

"What are you doing here, Yuu Kai?" Lucy said in a stone cold voice.

"I'm hurt that you not only refuse to look at me when you say that, but also say in such a cold voice." The man faked being offended by Lucy's actions, but he just brushed it off. "Well, the little lady actually remembers my name, so I'm flattered."

"I'm not here to chat with you Kai." Lucy bluntly stated. The girl remained unfazed, even though she felt every one of her emotions within herself, bottled up so she won't show any signs of weakness to this horrible man. "Now tell me just what reason you have to be here!" Lucy spat out.

Kai chuckled. "Isn't this just a lovely reunion that I'm having with an old friend of mine--"

The celestial spirit mage snapped. "Friends? You, were the one that ruined my life! So don't you dare, call me one of your friends!" Her words were cold and sharp like a blade.

However, just after Lucy said that, she happened to take a good look at the man standing a few feet away from her, which made her more nervous than she was before. Looks like the same monster from her childhood, except he was probably around 25 years old now. Wild, disheveled dark gray hair. Forest green eyes covered by his bangs. He was wearing a plain black shirt, forest green cargo pants, and black combat boots. There was also a sword strapped to his back.

Kai smirked. "Like what you see?"

"Tch..." Lucy said as she averted her eyes again. She couldn't take another moment talking with this man. A waste of time just dealing with him, but that was the least of her troubles. Yuu Kai is a dangerous person, and she couldn't bet on defeating him. Even though she was confident in her abilities as a mage, Lucy had to admit that she was terrified. She's been putting up a tough act all this time, but that was bound to break some time. She never expected to see him once again, but here he is, standing right in front of her. Lucy mentally sighed. Her best shot is to run away. Whatever happens after that will be addressed when she crosses that bridge. Lucy tried glanced to her right side without being noticed. The other side of this hill seemed to still be a part of East Forest. It was unfortunate that there was still a large distance between the hill and Magnolia, but heading in that direction is the only way out. All she needed to do right now is get as far away from him as possible, and quickly too.

Before the girl could even take another step, there was a sword right in front of her path. "Leaving so soon? I thought we were having a nice conversation between old friends." Lucy cursed to herself for not being quick enough. She jumped back to distance herself from the sword wielder.