Chapter 9: I'm Coming Home... Sadly

Chapter 9

It was on that same drive, on that same road, with that same boy. That boy I'd grown to love and appreciate. That boy I'd learned to trust.

Trust had always been the deal breaker for me. Relationships cannot live without a strong aspect of trust. Trust is like the glue in a macaroni picture, the foundation of a house, the secret ingredient of your grandma's soup. It has to be there, or else the final outcome is no good.

That was never there in previous loves. I guess the truth is, that I hadn't expierianced the true meaning of "love". I don't know why but it seems that with all my other boyfriends, all they ever cared about was status and looks.

But with Jack he doesn't care if no one's watching, or if everyone in San Francisco is watching, either way he's going to be himself. He won't change himself for anyone, and I envy that about him. He is the strongest person I have ever met. Jack went through losing his mom and dad at the same time. And even though he had Mama and Tony, he went through his healing process all alone. If anything even close to that happened to me, I would probably die of confusion, hurt, sadness, everything.

"Farrah."

"Huh? Oh, yeah?" I ask, being snapped back into reality.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" asked Jack, looking at my phone.

I hadn't even noticed it vibrating in my hand. BEEP!

"Hello?" I didn't recognize the number.

"Am I speaking with Farrah Wild?" questioned an older sounding woman.

"Yes, this is she."

"Good day Ms. Wild, this is Hellen Ryan. I'm the head nurse at the Healing Clinic in downtown San Francisco. You have an older sister named Dominique Odette Wild, is that correct?" asked Hellen Ryan.

"Yes she's my sister. What is this about?" I ask, my voice gaining worry.

"I can assure you, she's alright now. But around noon today her and a young man by the name of Eric Friend, were in a mild car accident," she said.

"Oh my God! Was anyone hurt?"

"Eric, who was driving, broke his arm. Dominique only has a few bruises."

"What about the other car?"

"No one was harmed, although there was an infant on board," said Hellen.

"Oh my goodness. Well, I was on a trip this weekend and I'm on my way home now. We're about an hour away from town. We'll be there as soon as possible," I say.

"Okay, great. I'll inform your sister."

"Thank you so much for calling! Have you spoken with my parents?" I ask. Thinking about what mom and dad's punishment for Eric and Dom will be.

"I tried both cell phones and the house, but no answer on either," she replied.

"I will try to get a hold of them. Thanks again Ms. Ryan," I say.

"No trouble. We'll see you in about an hour."

I hung up the phone and took a deep breath.

"Farrah, what happened!?" Jack half shouted.

"Dominique and Eric were in a car crash. Nobody was hurt, but I don't know the condition of the car," I said.

"Wow. Well, if no one was hurt, the car must not be that wrecked up," he tried to reassure me.

"Yeah, maybe. I'm just glad they're safe," I silently thank God for protecting them, and the people in the other car.

"Oh definitely," he took in a big breath and let it out slowly.