Chapter 13: Who's the Farrah-ist Of Them All?

Chapter 13

I awoke the next morning in Jack's room. Alone. Where did he go?

I got out of his bed and threw on his Cold Fuse T-shirt that was carelessly thrown to the side and my Soffee's. I quietly opened Jack's bedroom door and tip-toed down the hall extremely careful not to wake any of his family. I found him in the kitchen making crepes.

"Hey," I said, not sure how to act. Last night was amazing, I loved him more than I ever had before. I just don't want him to find out about the Dan thing yet. I want to be the one to tell him, not Bethany or anyone else.

His face lit up when he saw me, "Good morning!"

He came over to me and gave me an intimate kiss.

"Morning," I said breathlessly when he moved his face away a little.

"So, breakfast?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm starving."

"I wonder why..." he trailed off with that irresistible smirk I love so much.

"Yeah, about that... Um, what, what do you think?" I tried. Oh God, don't screw this up!

He walked back my way and put his arms around me lovingly.

"You want to know what I think? I think that was the best night of my life," he smiled down at me.

"You do?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, Farrah. I love you, and that was the best way to show you how much I really do love you. I'm sorry if- if it wasn't the best for you but I..." he trailed off. I ended the silence by giving him the best kiss I could possibly give.

"It was the best."

"I love you."

"I love you too Jack," I smiled up at him.

"Okay, let's eat some breakfast then we can do whatever you want. What should we do?" he asked, going back over to the stove where his chocolate crepe was burning rapidly.

"How about burning some more pancakes?" I joked.

"So, I think we should go bowling," I said while we sat down at the table.

"Bowling?" he questioned with his adorable face of confusion.

"Yes. You know, ball with three holes that you throw down a lane. Strike? Spare? Ring any bells?"

"I know what bowling is Farrah! I just didn't know you were into that sort of thing," he laughed.

"Well, I'm willing to try new things, turn over a new leaf."

"Okay, okay, whatever you want. But why the sudden urge to turn a leaf?" Jack asked.

"I don't know, I'm just... I'm just in the mood for some change, you know?" I said.

"Yeah, sure. Okay so let's get dressed then."

We went back into his room and he got into the shower. I decided to take this opportunity to creep in his room. I opened a drawer of his desk and found a box labeled Memories at Most.

Interesting, I thought.

I lifted the lid of the old shoe box and was greeted by tons of pictures. There were some with Mama, some with Tony, some with Jake and the band. Then I took out a Kodak envelope and found many photos of a handsome man who looked just like Tony and a beautiful woman. There were some at Disney World and a bunch of just the two of them. At the back of the envelope I found a letter with fine cursive. It read,