Zakia's past

That one little village –chapter 13- Zakia’s past

 “Come on Zakia, sweet heart, get in the car we don’t have time.”

Zakia’s mother almost shoved him into the car as she got in herself pulling the seat belt over her as she started the car.

Zakia had just enough energy in him to pull the seatbelt over his shoulder and plug it in, He was off school that day because of a high fever and his older brother Derik by on year had went in this morning.

His father had gone missing the year before and now he had a feeling he would never been seeing his older brother again.

His mother started the car and started to speed off, they drove past a house that Zakia knew very well his best friends Einin and Kyna lived there but something seemed off about it something seemed wrong.

The only thing that Zakia could remember about leaving the village was waking up in the back of his mother’s car with the car horn going and the front doors opened. His mother was no-where to been seen.

He slowly sat up to find his mothers coat covering his small body so he wouldn’t become cold. He looked out the back window of the car.

He could see a village only a few meters away, the trees around the village where all dead, he saw something moving in the woods near the car.

Zakia froze he felt like something really bad would come from this thing moving near the car, but for some reason it couldn’t get any closer to the car.

‘Is it stuck or something?’ Zakia thought as he watched this shadowy thing try it’s hardest to get to the car but all of a sudden it lost its shape and vanished with a bone braking scream.

o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O

Zakia woke up in a bed, he had no recollection on how he had came to be in a bed in a house in a room, his head hurt and he had the feeling that someone really important was missing right now.

A sudden knock on the door made Zakia jump, which made Zakia’s head hurt even more. An older man came in and saw that Zakia had woken up.

“Honey the little boy we found woke up, hurry up.”

Zakia watched as the elderly man rushed around the room, placing two chair’s near his bed, clearing away some things of the side table.

An older woman came in with a tray of food and juice, placing on the side table that the man had just cleaned away.

“Now then dear, can you tell us your name?”

The elderly women asked in a sweet voice that made Zakia’s eyes water, the couple looked a bit shocked at Zakia suddenly crying.

“Oh my, are you hurt anywhere son?”

The elderly man asked his voice full of worry which made Zakia cry even more. Both people had no idea what to do about this, even Zakia didn’t know why he was crying.

“My........ Name?”

Zakia asked in a quiet voice after he stopped crying a little, the elderly women nodded a few times with a shy little smile on her face.

“Do you know your name?”

“Zakia, I think.”

The couple looked at each other with a concerned look on their face, had that not been the right answer?

“Do you remember anything about a car?”

Zakia thought back to when he woke up the first time, but everything was hazy and his head hurt even more when he tried to remember.