How It All Began (Part 1)

Now boys and girls this is the part of the story that is really important so you need to listen carefully okay. Well then shall I begin?

“Come on Cora It’ll be fun. It’s not like anything really bad will happen.”

“Oh but Aiden I’m not sure with been pregnant and all. What about Jason and Irene?”

“They said they would come along.”

“But Irene is pregnant too.”

“Cora it’s just a camping trip in the woods we all promised that after we finished our honeymoons we would go camping.”

“But Mam and Dad have been saying something’s changed in the woods since we went away.”

Aiden sighed he knew his wife had become very protective and weary of things since she fell pregnant.  Her best friend had fallen pregnant a few weeks after she had; they got married on the same day. They had a double wedding, at the same church.

Cora and Irene had been best friend since there first year at school; everyone could have sworn they were sister had they not had different hair and eye colours.  

Cora was right though the past one and a half years people had slowly been going missing, and Cora was scared that one of them would be taken if they went into the woods.

Cora and Irene were a few weeks apart but were due to give birth in the same month as each other. They were just over 4 months gone.

As Cora and Aiden sat on the wall of the local library were they first met they waited for their two best friends. Aiden was best friends with Jason when he started dating Cora. Aiden was the one who saw how Jason looked at Irene and got them together.

That’s when they saw the both of them driving down the street. Jason knew how to drive and so did Aiden but only Jason had a car; there was this little cottage in the woods that an old women would rent out to people for camping trips.

As the car pulled up the front passenger side window was rolled down, Irene popped her head out the window and shouted.

“Get in bitches we’re going camping!”

Cora couldn’t help but smile and feel a little better about the whole camping trip. Knowing that Irene was having fun, because she knew how nervous Cora was about it all.

They both walked over to the car and got in the back off it, placing their bags in the boot before Jason took of driving. The Cabin was in a remote part of the woods, you had to go off the beating track.

Now remember boy and girls never go off walking in the woods by yourself and if you do make sure you know how to get back out again.

It took them just over half an hour to get to where they would have to leave the car in the parking lot and walk the rest of the way. It shouldn’t take them long at all but with the girls being pregnant and all the boys were going to carry the bags.

“You know what we should do while we are here Cora?”

“What Irene?”

“Tell horror stories while we sit in the cabin.”

Irene looked at Cora and saw that look on her face; the boys on the other hand didn’t really understand it properly but Irene knew she was up for the idea.

“Just as long as the children won’t be scare then its fine.”

“Cora they are our kids like they would get scared. Do you remember the time we went into the woods on the thunderstorm night? We we’re even scared in the slightest bit.”

“I remember that our parents were going mental with us when we got home wet to the bones we were.”

Both girls laughed at the memories, it helped them wave away the feeling that something so evil was in the woods watching them. The girls tried to make light of everything around them spotting funny faces on the trees.

It took them at least an hour to get to the cabin, they had stopped a few times so the girls could rest their feet and the boys could put their bags down and rest their shoulders.

“Finally we are here!”

Both the girls shouted as they reached the cabin, it was much bigger than they thought it would be. All four of them where smiling as they looked at the cabin.

“A few days RNR here will be the best Cora”

Cora smiled at her husband as they walked up the small path but still deep down the girls had the feeling they shouldn’t step foot in that cabin for fear of something they didn’t even know.

“Come on you two we can sit down once we get inside.”

Both girls sighed as they walked to the door of the cabin and inside. As they stepped inside it sent shivers up their spines. They didn’t tell the boys or even show their worry on their faces.

As the boys looked around the house the girls sat down on the sofa that was placed in front of a very big window that gave you a perfect view of the lake that the cabin was placed near.

“I really do wish we didn’t come here. Something in this place feels so wrong.”

“I know Irene I know. You think we should tell the boys?”

“No Cora the boys have been looking forward to this trip all week,”

“You’re right after all they haven’t seen each other in weeks.”

The boys came back downstairs smiling and chatting; walking over to the girls and sat down next to them.

“You have got to see our bedroom Cora it’s huge and the bed is supper soft be perfect for your back.”

Cora smiled even though she had no wish to stay in the house more than she needed to. Jason was talking to Irene about how their bedroom looked. Cora was pushing and pushing the horrid thoughts about this place to the back of her mind.

As they sat there, the sun began to go down, and a knock on the door startled them out of their comfortable states. Jumping at the sound the boys got up and walked to the door.

The boys opened the door and the girls saw a man standing there with pick black hair and jet black eyes. The girls looked at each and felt really scared with him there. They took an instant dislike to the man.

The boys seemed to notice the girls discomfort but they seemed to take a liking to him, they had no idea why they took a liking to him they just did.

“My Grandmother told me to come and welcome you.”

“Oh well come on in have a drink before you go back.”

“Oh thank you.”

Jason and Aiden let the man inside Irene and Cora looked warily at each other as this man looked at them with his pitch black eyes.

I’m sorry my lovely listeners this is where I’m going to have to leave you, these old bones do get ever so tired and telling this part of the story does get me ever so frightful. How about you come back another day and I’ll tell you the rest.