Chapter 21 - Baby, Don't Cry

A/N: This is going to be in Roman's POV once more. Hope you lovelies enjoy. Btw don't watch the video until after reading the chapter. It'll make more sense that way.

My eyelids feel extremely heavy as I try to open them. I also feel a weight as if a body is laying on top of mine. When I finally manage to open my eyes the bright light streaming in through the large windows of what I think must be Shelley's room in the attic temporarily blinds me . Glancing down, I find Cortelia is snuggled up to my body under the thin blanket that is covering me. Her dark brown hair is splayed out behind her head and her fist is clutching the front of my pyjama shirt tightly.

How long have I been out?

Steadily, I lift my left hand and gently remove the hairs that are obscuring her marvelous beauty. I sigh quietly as I watch her sleep blissfully. Her eyes, which have dark bags under them, shift slightly behind her eyelids every once in awhile. When did I get so lucky? What did I do to deserve her presence in my miserable existence?

The answer to that is nothing. All I've done is steadily destroy myself and the lives of those around me. My mind flashes back to the night when I was put into this stupid coma by Pryce, the fùcking twát. Urgh, I'm gonna have to get my car fixed. I let out an exhausted sigh and Cortelia shifts slightly. Her eyelids flutter open to reveal her beautiful blue irises. I smile down at her when she glances up at me, yawning slightly.

"You're finally awake" She croaks, her voice hoarse. My smile falters as her broken voice meets my ears, breaking my heart slightly. Her eyebrows furrow as she reaches a hand up and places it onto my cheek. "What's wrong?" She asks, her voice cutting through me like a blunt knife.

"Have you been crying?" I question. My voice demanding and sharp. Shit, I didn't mean to come off as that much of an asshole. I internally face palm when she turns away from me, obscuring my view of her facial features.

"Yes" She whispers, shakily. " I... I thought - I thought th-that you'd never wake up" She continues, her voice weak and full of sadness. "You were asleep for so long" She chokes, finally turning to face me once more with tears steadily running down her cheeks. My breath is caught in my lungs and my thumb softly rubs away her tears, whilst my brain struggles to form a sentence.

"Baby, don't cry. Beautiful people shouldn't cry" I speak, my voice breaking when her eyes meet mine with yet more tears threatening to fall. "I'm here" I whisper faintly, lifting her chin up gently with my slender fingers and placing my lips upon her simpering ones. A sigh escapes my nose as she presses her lips closer to mine, feeling a shudder run through her slim frame. I steadily move my lips against hers and wrap my arms around her body tightly. My eyelids close in contentment whilst fresh tears from the pair of us grace our kisses with a hint of salt and relief.

Slowly, I pull away and gaze down at her with a small smile tugging at the corners of my lips. She reciprocates my smile before burrowing her head in the crook of my neck and her arms tighten like vines around my torso. Gently, I place a chaste kiss to the top of her brown hair.

"Baby, don't over do it. I can't breath" I chuckle, ruffling her hair and allowing my hand to run down her back. She mumbles something into the skin of my neck, as my hand comes to rest on her Jean clad backside. "What?" I ask, slightly squeezing her butt. She sits up immediately and stares at me with a look of confusion.

"I said 'he touched the butt', idiot" She giggles, poking my cheek jokingly. I laugh loudly when I realise what she said.

"Finding Nemo?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. She nods before returning to her previous position. A soft chuckle leaves my lips as we lay there comfortably. I stare up at the ceiling with a small smile placed upon my lips. This is what heaven feels like....