Chapter 42: Back To Normal

IMPORTANT: OMG, the last Chappie of APS is already here! I can’t believe it! Thank you guys so, so, so much for reading this and supporting me. A special shout out to @mustache_unicorns, who has been my biggest APS fan and always encourages me. So thanks girl! :D

Enjoy this last Chappie xx

*********************************************************************

I spooned the last of my soggy cornflakes into my mouth, pulling my phone out as it buzzed; two texts, one from each of my BFF’s, both saying how tired they were. I chuckled, relief flooding over me like a giant wave.

Everything is back to normal. Nequitiam Malum is really gone.

“Bye mom!” I called as I pulled on my beanie and thick winter jacket. It was only January 10th, so as I walked outside snow flakes danced around me and cluttered my hat with small, white spots that melted away into the material. I trudged through the snow in my clumpy boots as I made my way to the bus stop, still amazed that everyone and everything was finally normal again, even though not even twelve hours ago we were stuck in a dark room, Xeneya was nearly dead and Zenia was completely brainwashed.

Wow. That’s all I can say.

The bus screeched to a halt in front of me and the other four kids at my bus stop, and I got in and took my usual seat in the middle of the bus. The familiar humming of the engine was soothing and hypnotic, and as per usual the fifteen minutes it took to get to school flashed by. Clusters of students stood scattered across the campus, talking and laughing and playing around, though I recognized few of them. Once I entered the school building the regular rush of air conditioning brushed me, making me sneeze as I pushed and shoved my way through the thick crowds in the direction of my locker. When I finally managed to get there in one piece, Xeneya and Zenia approached me and smiled, talking to me as I checked my schedule for the morning; History, Math and Science. The three of us groaned at the laborious subjects, but inside we were as happy as never before.

I stuffed my heavy books into my bag and swung it onto my shoulder, slamming my locker shut and closing the lock.

“Shall we go?” I said in a mock posh accent, linking my arms with my BFF’s and heading for Mr. Harlow’s class. As always, he arrived five minutes late, his hair flying as he rushed inside and his strange jacket billowing around him.

I sniggered. He was still as strange as always.

“Good morning class. This next unit we will be learning about is explorers, such people like…” I tuned him out, not really caring about tests and such at the moment. Xeneya stuck her tongue out at me and rolled her eyes, indicating how little she cared about the new assignments, and I nodded in agreement and crossed my eyes. Soon enough, the three of us were making faces at each other instead of writing down ‘precious’ notes, the last sign that things were really back to normal.

And yet the whole time, my fingers crawled into my pocket and stroked the cool surface of my Special Mic.

***********************************************************************

And that was it, the end of APS! What did you guys think of it? Did you like it? Or not?

IMPORTANT: Anyway, the next story I will be writing is Dangerous Stories (Harry Styles Love Story), and the first update is going to be on June 17th. Afterwards, I will either write a non One Direction story called His Red Backpack or write a sequel for JOL. That’s all from me!

Yuki xx