Chapter 37: Xeneya, No!

MY BIRTHDAY IS SOON OMG YAY :D Enjoy xx

*********************************************************************

Like the first two rooms Xeneya and I stumbled into, the third one was pitch black and echo-y laughter, though quieter this time, bounced around the walls and into our ears. This time, however, I percieved the presence of other people and shivered, feeling the person, or people’s, hard, unwavering gaze upon me.

When the lights finally flickered on I saw that the lamps, unlike the modern light bulbs from the other rooms, were old, rusty gas lights, illuminating the black walls of the room and the grave faces of the people in front of Xeneya and I.

One of them was Nequitiam Malum.

He was sprawled on a regal velvet throne adorned with golden swirls and his logo, the plush red material sinking where he was sitting. At his feet lay Fortuna Dea, her eyes squinted as if she were experiencing immense pain, and her limbs were pressed closely to her body in a tight shell. To the right of NM were all of the Potea Creandi, their Special Objects in their hands and their shivering bodies wrapped in a strange, red material wrapped around them as if they were ancient romans. At the front of the brainwashed PC’s was none other than Zenia, my poor BFF, looking just like the others; all of the enslaved teenagers had frizzy hair, a droopy expression and rings of exhaustion underneath their eyes.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t Valentina and Xeneya, “ Nequitiam Malum mused, saying our names as if they left a bad taste in his mouth, and his mood instantly changed. “I’m surprised, really! But there’s no way you can win the last battle. I cannot lose, especially not against two hopless teenage girls.”

“Oh yeah?” I muttered under my breath, but he was too wrapped up in his own speech to notice me.

“But I’m giving you a choice!” he bellowed, spittle showering on Fortuna Dea, and she twitched unhappily. “You can either surrender now, or suffer first and then surrender!”

Is he serious? As if we would give up now!

“Never!” I shouted, and Xeneya nodded beside me. “We will never surrender!”

“Fine then. So you choose the hard way!” he raged, waving his wand in small circles and mumbling something to it. The top of the staff shimmered and a red gemstone identical to the one appeared on it, but small black clouds wavering around it made the color seem darker and less vibrant.

Only a few seconds after the gem had appeared, a black sliver shot out of it and flew towards Xeneya and I with such speed that when I blocked it with the staff, it was merely impulse, and I couldn’t have known that it as actually the right thing to do. A beam of light crashed against it and made the dark beam disintegrate into little flakes of dust, driving Nequitiam Malum’s rage even further.

“That was not a wise choice,” he hissed at us, making a minute flicking motion with his fingers in the direction of the Potea Creandi’s. Robotically, the twenty-three held their Special Objects up and a dark shot of darkness burst out of them, collecting into an inky ball of raw, scary power. More and more rays added to the sphere, making it grow bigger than a small car and the darkness seem even more intense.

Fortuna Dea, her hair matted with sweat and her face contorted, struggled and screamed, seemingly chained to the ground with invisible ropes or something. However, from the raising welts on parts of her body and her shouts of agony, they probably resembled knives more than thickened string. The ball was still improving in size until it was as big as a large car, vibrating with all the power inside it.

“You can still give up!” Nequitiam Malum called over the noise but I firmly shook my hed, readying my stance and pointing the staff at him, almost as if daring him to come closer. The goddess, a single tears now falling down her perfect cheek, was still tugging at the invisible reigns that encased her, but it was tied around her so tightly she could barely move herself.

It was just as Nequitiam Malum let out a horrifying, evil laugh and pointed at Xeneya when Fortuna Dea gathered enough strength to let out two words, shouting them at the magician right before the ball of power attacked Xeneya, the slivers slicing her skin and making her rich blood soak into the ground.

Those words, those two words, were the most shocking I had heard all day, and I’ve gone through a lot these past twenty-four hours. This is what Fortuna Dea said to Nequitiam Malum.

“Brother, no!”

***********************************************************************

OMG SHE SAID BROTHER!!! Hahaha :) Hope that chappie was interesting!

Yuki xx