Chapter 21

Special shout-out to ohs0fly for making this cover ;) check it out on the side!
Just to clarify though, none of the characters in the story smoke

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🍦Hayden Marvel

School the next day was flat out horrible. I felt like everyone was watching my every move, waiting for me to crack. Too bad for them I had my moment of weakness last night, and now I wasn't going to let them see how beat up I was over what happened with Trey.

He passed by my locker before first period. I happened to look up and see him walking in my direction with two of his basketball friends. I only looked at him for a brief second, and I didn't even bother to take in his appearance. After that, I quickly ducked my head back down and rummaged through my locker with nothing in particular.

I felt him walk by and not even stop, which felt kind of like a punch in the gut. Did he not even have anything else to say to me? I guess that's not surprising, I shouldn't have expected him to wanna talk to me this morning. I turned and took one last look at him, even though his back was turned to me.

And he didn't even spare me a glance.

I pursed my lips, refusing to show any kind of sadness. Thankfully, Lilly and Claire walked up right then.

"Sup, Hay?" Claire asked before leaning on the locker next to me. I simply shrugged in response.

"Where'd you go last night? We went to the bathroom for two minutes and when we got back you were already gone," Lilly asked wit burrowed eyebrows.

"I think the more important question is what did you and Trey do?" She winked suggestively before nudging me.

I have them a half hearted smile, "Yeah, that's over.."

They both blinked at me, and Lilly was the first to speak. "What?"

I sighed, "Me and Trey are done."

"But..you never really got the chance to start." Lilly said innocently.

"What happened?" Claire asked with genuine concern.

I cleared my throat, "I, uh. I saw him making out with Danika after the game." Both their jaw dropped and I offered them a sheepish smile.

"What a douche bag!" Claire exclaimed, and I could literally see her growing aggravation. I couldn't help but chuckle. It was good to have someone call him one, especially since I couldn't even call him one myself.

"Oh wait, that's not even half of it," they both raised their eyebrows at me. "Trey was the mystery guy from the dance."

Claire's face contorted into disgust and anger and she stomped her foot while saying, "What the hell! Trey is a being freaking idiot. I'll have to.. Oh I'm going to.." Her once upset face twisted into a smirk. "I have to go. Save me a seat at lunch!" She called out to me and Lilly before I could even question her strange motives.

Lilly rolled her eyes but then turned to me, "Hayden, are you okay?" She asked with her big blue eyes looking at me with concern.

I sighed, knowing I could tell her how I was really feeling, "I could be better..a lot better."

*********

"Hey guys," Claire plopped down hastily at our lunch table.

"Where's Drew?" Lilly asked.

Claire waved her off, "I just told him he could have the day off."

I raised my eyebrows, "What's the supposed to mean?"