Chapter 2

Picture of Thomas on the side ------>

~~~~~~~~~

🏀 Trey Parker POV

Damn, that girl..

As strange as it is for me to admit, she was just cute. Her face was so innocent that it stopped me from unleashing my wrath on her.

Hayden. Her ice blue eyes pierced me and her dark brown hair was hanging around her face in wet curls.

She was the girl that almost killed me when her dumb umbrella nearly hit me while driving a motorcycle. She was the same girl who almost knocked me over in the hallway while running off to class. She was she same girl that refused to ride on my motorcycle after she had childishly jumped into a puddle.

Today isn't the first time I've noticed her. I've seen her in the halls from time to time, naively going about her own business. Hayden was small; she was short with a petite frame. Something about her just caught my eye, and I wasn't sure what.

She was definitely good looking, with her dark curly hair and a young face.

I've seen her walking to school along that sidewalk for awhile now, so I finally decided to offer her a ride. I knew who she was because I recognized her. I just needed to know her name.

And now I do. Hayden.

I chuckled and I laid in bed and played with the basketball in my hands. What was I even thinking like this for? I don't even know the girl.

But I can't help but think that I'd really like to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🍦 Hayden Marvel POV

"Hayden!" My six year old brother, Thomas, yelled as he came running towards me and hugged me. He was so little and cute, so I laughed and hugged him back.

"Hey, buddy! How was school?"

"We had inside recess, so I didn't get to play tag today." Thomas loved tag almost more than any other game, and he played it everyday.

"That's too bad, what'd you do instead?"

"I played Legos with Emma," he smiled. Emma was his best friend, and I was pretty sure he had a little crush on her.

"Oh fun! Do you want a snack?" I asked him.

"Could I have a pbj sandwich?"

I chuckled, "Sure." That boy has an unhealthy obsession with pbj sandwiches.

"Yay!" He cheered as I made the sandwich.

I look after Thomas almost every day after school. He goes over to a friend's house once or twice a week, including all the times he runs next door to play with the little boy there. Our parents are doctors and work all day, from about 7:30 til about 8:30. So I have to get Thomas dinner and put him to sleep before 8:00. They don't work on Fridays or Sundays, and sometimes they get Tuesdays off, but they're still on call even when they aren't at the hospital.

I handed him his sandwich, which he happily ate. Then I realized something.

"Oh, crap!" I mumbled, and Thomas looked at me with wide eyes at the word 'crap.' "Oh..cat!" I repeated as I scooped up our cat in my arms and Thomas laughed.

Oh crap was right! I had completely forgotten I has detention after school. I was going to be dead tomorrow..

Oh joy.

*****

A motorcycle zoomed by me again as I walked to school. It wasn't raining, so I didn't bring an umbrella. But I sighed as I remembered being offered a ride yesterday from that mystery guy. The walk wasn't short, and it took me a good half hour.