Chapter 11

🍦Hayden Marvel

Trey and I have talked everyday this week. He walked me to my first period class every morning. He received morning detention for the whole week, and it wasn't because of the hammer incident. When I asked him what locked him up, he wouldn't tell me. He claimed, "it would scar my little ears."

Yeah right!

I plumped down at our regular lunch table with Lilly and Claire.

"That test was seriously such bullshit!" Lilly shrieked.

"God, I know. Does Mr. Freeman seriously expect us to remember every little freaking detail!" Claire huffed. They were talking about their history class, which for seniors, was a gov/Econ class. Rumor has it that Mr. Freeman is an absolute nightmare. Super boring, yet gives incredibly hard tests. It was an AP class, too.

I watched them with interest as they vented for a few minutes. Then Lilly turned to me, as if suddenly realizing there was three people at the table.

"Don't worry, Hayden. Mr. Freeman will probably adore you," she sighed.

I furrowed me eyebrows, "Does he not like you? I thought all your teachers did." Lilly was a quiet student, and she worked really hard. She didn't have straight A's like me, but she only had a couple B's. Teachers always love her because she puts in a lot of hard work.

Lilly made a pouting face, "He would! If I didn't have his class with this clown!" She shrieked again, looking at Claire. Claire was clearly amused.

"What on earth did I do?"

"You, you talk to me the whole period! Every day! And get me in trouble for talking!"

Claire burst out laughing, "You started it! Don't go all crazy! And besides, you talk back to me!"

Lilly groaned, "I know! Why did he have to sit us next to each other!"

I chuckled. The three of us had math together, since I was ahead a year in math. And it was hard to be focused a lot with those two.

"New topic," Lilly said with frustration.

Instantly, I asked "So are we still going to your cabin this weekend?" I asked Claire. She had a cabin a couple hours away by a secluded lake. It was so gorgeous, and we went a couple weekends a year together. This weekend was a three day weekend, for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We had decided to skip school tomorrow (which my parents were oddly fine with), and come back late Monday night. I was beyond excited.

"Of course!" Claire smirked.

"Yes!" Lilly fist pumped.

"Is Seth coming?" Claire asked.

Lilly bit her lip, "Is that okay with you guys?"

"You bet! We like Seth!" Claire spoke for the two of us. It's true, Seth is like the perfect boyfriend to Lilly, and he's always so nice to me and Claire. "Besides, I'm bringing my new boyfriend." Claire casually said.

"What!" Me and Lilly both exclaimed.

Claire nodded, "Yeah. His name is Drew."

"How long have you been together?" I asked, curious as to why she hadn't told us.

"Well, we've been on a few dates since New Years," My jaw dropped. She's been dating him for three weeks? "And we danced at the dance a few times. But we weren't officially an item until yesterday."

"Claire!" Lilly smacked her.

"Ow, what?"

"How could you not tell us?!"