Chapter one

I'm Stella. I'm 17 and living in Washington. My parents work for the government. You think that's cool? It's is, but they don't tell me what going on. They never will. They always say 'its a secret and we can't tell you.' Yea, whatever.

"Stella, we're home!" My mom called from down stairs.

I didn't answer back. I was to focused on playing black ops. The zombie version.

"Stella? Are you here?" I heard her voice getting closer.

Again, I didn't respond.

"Stella? Answ- oh. There you are." She barged through my door.

"Quit playing that game. It's never going to happen." She was referring to me playing black ops.

"Dad says it'll happen one day." I mumble. My eyes focusing on the screen.

"Just come down stairs and eat." She left my room and closed the door behind her.

My mother and I never had a close relationship. We get into arguments sometimes. We're like milk and vinegar . I'm more of a daddy's girl. He gets me more than my mom. I thought my mom would understand me and get me, but she doesn't. I try to not fight with her but we always end up fighting. Ever since she's joined in working for the government, she's to focused on her job. I'm glad that my dad at least makes time for me.

I got up from my chair that was In front of my tv. I pause the game and threw the controller on my bed. I went down stairs to go eat dinner.

"Hey darling." My dad said.

"Hey daddy!" I walked over to him and hugged him.

"What are you up to?" He asked, getting ready to dig in the food.

"Playing black ops. The zombie version." I laughed and sat down across from him.

My mom placed a plate of parmesan chicken in front of me.

"I swear, a zombie apocalypse is going to happen one day. That's why I've been saving up on the equipment the governments been making." He had a confident expression that it really was going to happen.

"Really? Like what kind of stuff?" I asked. I don't really feel like eating. I was more interested in what equipment he has.

"Well. There's a bow and arrow and a glove. You shoot the arrow, and if you put the glove on, and hold up your hand, the arrow will come back to you. There's also a belt that disinfects them. You put the arrow in the little box connected to the belt and it cleans them for you. There's also a watch that slows everything down within a 3 mile radius. There's grenades. Guns, a suit that will keep you protected. "

He has all those things? I thought he just had guns and grenades. I guess I was wrong.

"Where is all this stuff? I want to see it!" A smile appeared on my face.

"Sorry dear. You can see it once the day actually happens!" He said

"Which it won't." My mother butted in.

"Will too." I said back.

"Will not." She said back to me.

"Jesus, why can't you let us think that a zombie apocalypse will happen one day?" I slammed my fist on the table.

"Go to your room." She pointed to my room.

I threw my fork on my table and walked out the kitchen.

Why can she let me think that it will happen one day? Why does she have to ruin everything.

I didn't want to think about this right now. I picked up the controller from my bed and sat down in my chair. Hopefully killing zombies can calm me down.