Chapter eight

Stella's POV

( Hope you guys like the story :) Happy reading)

I hate sleeping in a tent. It's so uncomfortable. I want to be back in my bed sleeping. I also would like to see my family one last time.

I stepped outside the tent and the sun was shining bright. I looked around to see if I see any Zombies. Luckly, there wasn't any. I grabbed a granola bar from my bag and ate it. I don't really like granola bars, but this is all I have to eat. I want to have a real breakfast. Some eggs, bacon and toast, with a side of freshly squeezed orange juice. If only.

I had to get a move on. Although I would like to stay here until a rescue group finds me, I need to start heading out. I grabbed my bag, my bow and my quiver with my arrows in them. I set them outside and stepped out. How the hell do I put this tent back into the little box. I walked around the tent. I found the small box attached to the side of it. Maybe if I pull the string, it will suck it back into the box. I did just that, and the tent went back into the box. this tent really comes in handy.

I put it in my bag and put it on. I put the quiver over my bag and grabbed my bow and an arrow. I walked out the forest quietly. Shit. I can basically run and they wouldn't hear me. Its great that my parents work for the government. look at all the cool things I have.

I finally made it to the deserted road, and looked both left and right. I don't see any zombies lurking around. That's a good sign. I walked and followed the GPS that was on my watch. I Heard my stomach growl. I am SO hungry. These granola bars do NOT fill me up. I'll probably stop by a store and see if they have anything to eat.

I Wonder what I would be doing right now, if this apocalypse didn't happen... Oh yea, I would probably be bickering with my mother. Even though me and my mom fight, I do still love her. She just nags all the time and it gets annoying.

I finally saw some stores around. I was probably in the main area, where they have a lot of stores and stuff. I stopped and scanned the premises. I saw a zombie walking around. Should I kill it now? I mean, it's not charging at me.

I go for it any ways. I could keep practicing on my archery. I leveled the bow up to my eyes. I made sure I had a good shot at the zombie. I closed one eye and my other eye was open, focusing more on the zombie. Once I had a clear view, I stretched back the arrow and let it go. The arrow landed right between the zombies eyes.

"Bulls eye." I whispered.

I stuck my hand up and the arrow retrieved back to me. It had all the blood on it. it didn't look like blood. it looked more like slime. like a black slime. It also smelled horrible. I put it on the box on the side of my belt and it sanitized it. I placed it back on the bow, incase I needed to use it again.

I walked further and further into the area. It's so weird how everything is so silent. Makes me feel like I'm the only one in the planet. Except I'm not.

I looked around. Glass shattered everywhere. Fire still burning and alive. Doors open to the buildings. I looked for a little diner so that I can get food. There wasn't one diner in this area. Even if there was, I feel like the food would be contaminated.

Should I try going to a grocery store? Like Walmart? Walmart has tons of food and supplies. It has everything you need in one store. Like everything.

I decided Walmart would be a better place to go to too get food.

The area looked a little familiar. So I knew where I was going.