I on the other hand with my dark brown hair and green eyes am about two inches taller than my sister’s five nine putting me in the freakishly tall range and out of any guys fantasy. My sister and I have similar builds except Sam is slightly more gifted in the chest area and I don’t like to wear clothes that I can’t breath in. Sam didn’t seem to have a problem with that.

So, I’m not exactly the boy magnate type. I’d had a couple boyfriends in high school who were actually just trying to get to my sister and I’d pretty much given up since then.

I shook my head to try to escape my morbid relationship thoughts. There I was in a room filled with good looking college guys and I was walking with my head down, not even trying to make eye contact with any of them.

I had to stop when two guys came barreling down the stairs apparently in the middle of a fight. They fell to the floor wrestling each other and breathing heavily, faces red with exertion.

Finally, one seemed to be winning and all of a sudden a red faced, panting, blonde guy stood up with a pair of barely-there panties raised up like a trophy and yelled, “HELL YEAH!” at the top of his lungs.

Idiots.

And the mystery of why Cassandra Cole didn’t socialize with guys was solved.

Next question, where is the washroom?

I found it about a minute later and just like all those stupid teen movies that everyone secretly loved, the line up was freakishly long.

I got in line anyway. What the hell? If it was a choice between leaning against the wall next to a few people doing the pee dance or rubbing up against a bunch of idiots who had lost most of their motor functions, I would take the wall any day.

A few drunken guys tried to hit on me on their way past but I brushed them off thinking about the panty champ. Two girls got in line behind me and started talking in very high pitched voices about how drunk they were.

“Oh my God, I should not have had that last shot of tequila. I am hammered!” Insert ear piercing giggles here.

“I know, right? I am totally gonna do something I regret tonight.” More giggles.

Is that something you planned? I wondered briefly before giving a mental shrug and focusing my energy on tuning them out.

I turned to face completely forward planting my shoulder against the wall when a guy came up in front of me.

“Hey,” he said and shot me a killer smile. Gorgeous white teeth with a perfect mouth were planted on a face whose bone structure said pretty parents. Not to mention he was taller than me by a few good inches and had a body you could tell was well muscled under his tight t-shirt and strategically faded jeans.

“Hey back,” I replied.

“What you doing?” he asked.

I raised an eyebrow and gave him a half-mocking smile. “I guess I’m waiting in line.”

“Oh, right.” He looked behind him at the ten or so people who were blocking my way to soap and water. I was feeling stickier by the second as the beer was pretty much completely dry now.

“Well there’s an extra washroom upstairs if you want me to show you where it is,” he said flashing his most innocent smile.

Yeah right. I’ve heard this horror story before. Not happening, buddy.

“Um, I don’t mind waiting. I just wanted to clean up. Some idiot spilled beer all over me.” I motioned to the front of my thankfully black tank top.

“Oh, sure. Well I actually live here if you wanna borrow a shirt or something.” Another smile.

What the hell was he trying to do? He didn’t seem like a likely candidate for date rapist. I mean, he was so hot! He could get any girl he wanted drug free.

“Um, that’s okay. I don’t really care that much.” I shrugged with what I hoped was finality.

“Seriously though,” he began.

I interrupted. “Listen, I’m not interested in going to any dark, secluded corners with you okay? So leave me alone, please?”

His eyes flashed with something akin to shock followed closely by rage.

Uh-oh.

He grabbed my arm and leaned in close. “We have your sister. Samantha, right? Come with me now or you’ll never see her again.”

Chills ran up and down my spine. I forgot all about how sticky I was and for a second my mind went blank.

“What?” I said brilliantly. I shook my head. “Why do you have my sister? Who is ‘we’?”

He started dragging me towards the back of the huge frat house without answering my questions. I let myself get dragged along, heart pounding with fear. What the hell was going on? Did my sister make some guy mad? She’d just broken up with her boyfriend so she could be a free agent Maybe he was a little pissed off and was playing a practical joke?

He dragged me through the back yard towards a shed big enough to fit about seven or eight large people. I started to resist.

He didn’t like that and pulled me a little harder.

“I am so not going in there.” I yanked my arm with all my strength and finally escaped his grip. I rubbed my wrist where I was going to have a bruise tomorrow. If I lived until tomorrow. “What did you do with my sister?”

He smirked and gave a nod toward the dark little shed.

I took a step back, shaking my head. “Uh uh, no way. I don’t believe you. Any number of people could know who my sister is.” Sort of. We didn’t exactly broadcast our related status but these things were easy to find out, right? “No way am I going in there unless you can prove that you have her.”

He shrugged and opened the door to the shed.

Sam was sitting on a chair with her hands tied behind her back and duct tape on her mouth. Her eyes were wide with shock when she saw me and a few tears trickled down her cheeks. Her shirt was ripped and the top of her bra was exposed. I felt rage, white hot, boil inside of me.

“You better not have touched her.” I barely recognized my own voice. It sounded dark. Dangerous. The kidnapper’s eyes widened for a second before he gave me the same smirk his partner had given me earlier.

“Come on in and find out.”

I stepped inside.