Chapter 7

It was Thursday morning break and I was in the girls' toilets with Maisy and Grace. They were dying to know how my date went with Tom. I decided to skip out the detail that they both turned up because as Joe was Grace's brother, I was worried she might get suspicious.

I was pacing back and forth, racking my brain trying to remember every single detail. Grace and Maisy were standing eagerly, hanging onto every word.

"It was beautiful. The sun was setting in the background, the moon was rising. It was the most adorable restaurant ever! It was perfect," I sighed.

"I can't believed Tom arranged a band to play music by your table! That is just beyond the alley of cute," Maisy said.

"It wasn't like a band band, it was like a string band playing romantic music."

"Awww!" Maisy and Grace giggled.

"Did he kiss you?" Grace asked, intrigued.

"I'm not one to kiss and tell," I tapped my nose with my index finger. Smiling smugly.

"You totally kissed him."

"Ok, just a bit, but please don't talk to me about it I feel guilty enough as it is," I'd stopped pacing now.

"You kissed him, oh yes, you di-i-id, I think you love him ---" Maisy sung, teasingly.

"Oh no, I do-o-on't," I finished for her, "I feel so bad!"

"Why?" Grace looked confused.

"Because of Joe! I told myself as long I didn't kiss either of them, I wasn't really cheating but...his lips were right there," I exclaimed.

"Looks like Joe's out of the picture now," Maisy said.

"No. No, I've got a date with him tonight and then I'll decide. It wouldn't be fair on him otherwise."

"But you want to dump him for Tom?" Grace smiled.

I nodded, "At the moment it's Tom all the way!"

Maisy giggled, "Poor Joe! I feel so bad for him."

"Hey! You don't get to feel bad for him, you're not the one who might have to break up with him!" I said, pointing my finger at her.

We all burst out laughing. There was something in my mind I had to tell them. I knew there was. My face turned pale as I remebered what I needed to say.

Grace stopped laughing and looked worried, "Immy, what's up?"

"My dad called last night," I said quietly.

"What!?" Maisy cried, her eyes open wide.