Chapter 2

Hey Everyone! Hope you like The Choice so far. Just thought I'd let you know that from this chapter onwards, I'm posting character pics down the side. Each new chapter equals a new pic. Comprende?  So...I should probably leave you to the rest of the story! Bye for now...xxx :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my God! How are you still alive?"

I winced. I forgot how loud Maisy could scream. I was in the year eleven common room with a crowd of people around me including my two best friends Maisy and Grace. I looked up and saw a dozen pairs of eyes staring at me, hanging on my every word. Their eyes open with awe. They found it more scary than I did! That made me laugh.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Absent mindly everyone grabbed their bags and rushed through the door to lessons. (Of course they didn't actually rush I'm just saying that to keep the teachers happy!)

First up was chemistry. Good old Ms Potter. She could talk for hours and hours about the periodic table and rocks and nobody would hear a word she said. Oh well, I'm not complaining, just means I can have a nice long chat with Grace about her new boyfriend.

"Today class," Ms Potter mumbled, "We're going to be learning about compounds."

The whole class let out a long and rather loud groan.

"Oh God," I whispered in Grace's ear, "Here we go again!"

Grace let out a loud snort. Ms Potter whipped her head round and glared at us, "Did you say something, Grace?"

"No, miss," Grace started, "It's just...we learnt about compounds last lesson...and the lesson before that!"

The whole class burst into fits of laughter.

"Calm down, girls," Ms Potter rose her voice, "I said CALM DOWN!" She slammed her fist against the whiteboard.

Everyone froze.

"Now come on girls, let's not have a nervous breakdown. Amen, girls! Life goes on, life goes on!" She went back to her usual tone and started mumbling about compounds again.

I turned back to Grace, "So go on, Grace, tell me about Mikey."

She spoke in a hushed tone, "I have something to tell you, actually."

"Go on then."

"One of Mikey's friends, Tom, saw me talking to you in the corridor and asked me if you were seeing anyone."

"What! Me?" I pointed to myself.

"What! Me?" Grace repeated mockingly, "Yes of course, you!"