Chapter 12

Cameron's POV

Waking up with a pretty girl in your bed is pretty awesome. Waking up with a beautiful girl in your bed who also happens to be your mate is extraordinary.

I looked over at this little girl sleeping next to me and finally got the chance to really take in what she really looked like. She was small, maybe only around 5'3 with long blond hair and beautiful long, black eyelashes. She was stunning to say the least.

I continued to lay beside her with my arm draped around her until she began to squirm signaling she was almost out of her slumber. Her gorgeous blue eyes flickered open with a sense of dreaminess to them. That dreamy look was suddenly replaced by a look of panic and fear.

Not realizing my arm was around her nor that I was even there, she shot up in her place and threw my arm off of her. She looked around frantically, trying to grasp onto some form of familiarity. I made no movements as so not to startle her and send her back into an alternate canine form. When she finally seemed to calm down a bit, she finally picked up on my presence.

I sat up in the bed very slowly as not to startle her again. My mate's eyes held a slight unfamiliarity as she watched me closely. I slowly reached my hand out and stroked her hair out of her face. She flinched initially but within mere milliseconds, she had her eyes closed and was leaning into my touch. I felt my wolf purr at the sensation of our mate's acceptance.

As I removed my hand from her face, my mate looked up at me with large doe eyes that suited her perfectly. She suddenly looked down at her hands laying in her lap and sighed so softly that I may not have even heard it if it hadn't been for advanced wolf hearing.

I slowly brought a finger under her chin and lifted her head back up so that I could stare into her beautiful eyes once more. This time, she did not look away and found comfort in my soft gaze. I brought my hand to her cheek once more and gently pulled her head towards me so that I could plant a soft kiss upon her forehead. As we pulled away, I could see the slightest tinge of red spread across her cheeks. I chuckled lightly at her reaction to my love and began to push my covers off of me. I stood up out of the bed and walked around to the side my mate was currently occupying.

"Let's get you cleaned up a bit, then we can talk." I gently took my mate's hand and she slid out of the bed to follow me to the bathroom. As her feet hit the floor, her legs wobbled and she began to fall. Still holding her hand, I quickly caught her and she looked up at me with thankful eyes.

"Walking on two legs is a bit different than 4, huh?" I chuckled. She gave me a faint smile and nodded. "Okay, I'll help you. Just take one step at a time and I'll be right here holding you."

My mate bit her lip nervously (and quite sexily, might I add) as she began to take cautious steps to the bathroom. She stumbled quite a few times but as promised, I was there to catch her every time. By the time we got to the bathroom, my mate was nearly walking by herself although she was still quite unbalanced and needed a guiding hand. We walked into the bathroom and I was about to help my mate wash up but she stopped me and gestured for me to leave. I gave her a quizzical look.

"Are you sure?" I began. "I'd feel better if I helped you and made sure you didn't hurt yourself..."

My mate responded to this by lightly pushing me out the door so she wouldn't loose her already unsteady balance. I put my hands up in surrender and watched as she closed the bathroom door, leaving me to simply wait for her to finish.

Sarah's POV

There was a reason I wouldn't let Cameron in the bathroom with me. Not only because I barely knew him even if he is my mate, but I have secrets. My secrets are etched permanently onto my skin in the form of deep scars and bruises and memories of my past. Cam just isn't ready to know about me which is why I kicked him out. I knew he would freak out as soon as he got a glimpse of my old life. He would ask questions that I don't have the answers to nor the voice to answer. I needed to know I could trust him 100% before showing him anything major. For all I know, he could reject me and I think I might die if he did.