The art of starting over

Note: This story is NOT following the storyline of the series anymore - i used some of the background story - but all that's going on with Lily and her family, will not have anything to do with this story - Mystic falls is like it has always been.

Caroline's pov:

He cooked me dinner, He put the blanket over me when i fell asleep and carried me to bed like i was the love of his life.

But was i?

i couldn't help to be thinking about the girls he'd been with prior to me, what even makes you realise that you are with the love of your life? what made me realise that i was?

I'm sure me and Stefan belong together, because what i feel for him, is like nothing i've ever felt before , i've never felt so attached to somebody before, it's like his heartbeat realeases the air that i breath. 

"Goodmorning babe" he says with his eyes locked on me and his sleepy voice making my heart beat a little faster. "Good morning" I respond, with a wide smile and rosey cheeks. Waking up in Stefans bed felt as good as i had imagined and for the first time in a long time i felt like i was exactly where i needed to be. I felt happy.

Things have been awfully quiet around mystic falls lately, not that i mind, it's nice having time to be "human" - Not that i miss the miserable insecure Caroline, but having time to do human things, actually feels very nice. 

Human things. What do humans even do those days? What do teenagers do?

We've been so caught up in all this drama, that a normal teenage life seem so far away, actually i would love to go ice skating or even just go to the movies.

I move closer to Stefan, and rests my head on his chest, his fingers running up and down my arm releasing a feeling of safety, i feel safer than i've ever felt before.

"What are you thinking about?" Stefan asks. his hand moving up my spine, giving me shivers all over my body. 

"Nothing, really" I answer.

"Well that's new" he answers with a smirk on his face. He knows that my brain's never sleeps so for those words to come out of my mouth, takes some believing.

"What are you thinking about?" I say with a touch of tease in my voice.

"Kissing you" He answers and rolls over, so he's on top of me.

My breath stiffens and my heartbeat nearly kills me, he makes me feel so dead, but so alive. 

Our lips touch and my world once again falls into place.

 i unwillingly interrupt our make out, when i realise that i have class this morning.

"Stefan, i have to go to class" i say and pull away. His eyes as disappointed as mine.

"one more kiss" he says and smiles at me and so he gets.

I get out of bed, when i realise all my clothes are back at the college dorm.

I'm pretty sure Stefan is one of those vampires from twilight, because i'm curtain he can read thoughts. Well comparing movie vampires to real life vampires is funny - because what people think vampires do, vampires don't do and the other way around.

"I'll drive you" he says as if he's read my mind.

"Thank you" i day and sighs, a smile is sent straight towards him.

Driving to school, neither of us really says anything, it's not awkward, it's actually really nice.

His presence makes me appreciate my presence a bit more.