prologue

Amazing edit made by aphroditeharry! Thank you so much x 
Miki

The first time I saw him he was wearing a white shirt, the sleeves rolled up to show the delicate swirl of black ink on his milky skin. He walked in the middle of the hallway like an actor on a stage, staring right ahead, as some people subconsciously moved out of his way before he could even ask. He reached a boy with eyes so blue I could see them from the other side of the corridor, that greeted him with a simple wave of his hand before throwing his bag over his shoulder and going away with him.

"Who is he?" I asked Ella, and she looked at me as if I had gone stupid all of sudden.

"He's Harry Styles, of course" she replied, her gaze following the two boys until they disappeared from view. "I told you about him a few times, why do you never listen to me?"

We weren't really friends, actually. More like acquaintances. Friends only because we happened to sit next to each other in class quite a few times, the kind of friendship that you'd expect to shatter right after graduation, because none of the parts actually cares enough to keep in contact.

"He's..." I tried to search for the right words to say, but I found none. "Something."

"True that. Now let's go, I don't want to be late" she said walking away and I followed suit, my books clasped in my hands, my mind still drifted to the green eyed boy.

He had caught my attention instantly, because he was nowhere close to the kind of person you'd expect to find in a place like this. But it was as clear as the sun that my attention wasn't the only one he had caught.

Everyone seemed to be attracted to him, like a bunch of moths to a light. He was different, and everyone knew that. Everyone around him was dressed in dark, but he was dressed in white, the light colour complimenting his light complexion and dark hair. Everyone around him was looking down, but he was looking up, and he wasn't afraid to. Everyone either loved him, or hated him.

I didn't hear him talk that time, he was too far away from me, speaking in hushed tones to the unknown boy next to him, but I didn't really mind.

Standing where I was standing, I could only come to one simple conclusion: he was beautiful.

And, unfortunately, nothing attracted me more than beautiful things.