The knife

"Arura tell me what's going on, now." He ordered me. I looked at him wanting to die, my heart bleeding. Not wanting to admit that I had murdered someone I had once loved. Something my Daddy, my dead father, had promised to get rid of.

"Why did Talon give you that?" I was scared, what if Talon hadn't? What if Leslie had traded sides and was going to implicate me for the murder?

"He left it to me in a box, in it was a note that said this was the answer to finding you" He looked hurt, that I hadn’t come right out and told him about the blade and the story behind it. He knew Talon had hidden something for me and that I wasn’t telling him everything I knew.

"Les... I don't know where to start, or if I should trust you or anything..." He looked really hurt now. It wasn’t my fault though; he's the one who had left. Not I. Though, I guess in a way I had done the same thing. I had a reason for leaving. Leslie left because the truth had made him run. About whom I was long before I met as Leslie called him ‘Fuck face’

"Rawr, no. Arura. You can trust me. I promise" I looked into his eyes and saw honesty, and I realized I truly trusted him. I would have trusted him if he hadn't had promised. I took a deep breath.

"If I tell you, you need to promise not to act rash. And please, put that away. I never want to see it again." He got up and put it into his bag, and then he came and sat on the bed beside me.

"Alright, the evil knife is gone" I could tell he was trying to lessen the tension, but he only succeeded to make it worse.

"Don't. Once I tell you this, just don't." He nodded and sat in silence waiting for me to begin.

 "It was in the winter; Marc had asked me to marry him." From the way his eyes darkened, no one had told him this. "We had come back, and he had made love to me-"

"No. He had better not have laid a hand on you!"

"Leslie shush, let me tell this" He made a sign to go on. I told him the rest of it, how he had hit me, to my killing him, to calling Talon.

"What about after? Why didn't Talon tell me? Why did he keep the knife?" I took another breath.

"The last two, I can't answer. The first is a long story. Let me ask you something. Did you ever hear of the E?" He looked up at me sharply.

"I thought it was a myth... Wait. You?" He looked shocked. I nodded. "Oh Rawr!" He looked at me. "You really have been through so much, and I wasn't there for you!"

"Don't worry about it. I've done fine!" I snapped at him.

"Rawr..." He leaned over and kissed me.