Chapter 3 - Best friends, Nandos and him.

**** Kristine’s POV **** 

I got home from Jack’s house around 12:00 and put my shoes away, I would have got back earlier if I hadn’t gone to Starbucks. I was exhausted already and I was only half way through the day. I walked into the kitchen, put the kettle on and got changed into my pyjamas. Been as I had no plans I picked out a couple of movies to watch and decided to have a movie day. I started by watching ‘pitch perfect’ but by the end of it I didn’t feel like watching any of the movies I had chosen; so instead I watched an episode of ‘Sherlock’ and then 2 episodes of ‘Doctor Who’.

********

The episode finished and I looked at the clock on my wall, it was almost 5 o’clock which meant I still had plenty of time to watch some more episodes. I was just about to put another episode on when there was a knock at the door, so I walked to the front door and opened it. “Annabelle!” I shouted excitedly as I saw my best friend standing in the door way, her pennyboard in one hand and her phone and earphones in the other.

“Hey!” She said pulling me into a hug.

“You’re so tanned!” I said looking at her golden skin. She giggled and walked in observing my new apartment.

“How did you get my new address?” I questioned. I moved while Annabelle was in America for two weeks so she never saw the new place.

“Oh, I called your parents to find out where you had moved to,” she explained, “but the real question is, who is Jack and how did you two manage to swap phones?” She looked at me waiting for an answer.

How did she know about Jack? And what does she mean ‘swap phones’? I pulled my phone out of my pocket; I have my phone right he- Oops. If I wasn’t in such a rush this morning then I wouldn’t have picked up Jack’s phone by mistake. I sighed and closed my eyes waiting for the questions that would follow.

“What happened last night? Did something happen between you and Jack? Did you have sex? Tell me what happened,” she asked bombarding me with questions.

“I’ll explain everything but let’s get some food first,” I replied, “nandos?” She nodded her head in agreement and I walked into my bedroom to get changed. I put on a plain white top and tucked it into a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, put on my purple zip hoodie and grabbed my pennyboard. I met Chloe in the living room, she picked up her board and we left.

**** Jack’s POV ****

“Ready to go?” Finn said popping his head round my bedroom door.

“Yeah,” I put on my jacket and turning off my computer. I grabbed my car keys and we left. We were meeting everyone at Nandos and by everyone I mean Caspar, Alfie, Lily (Alfie’s girlfriend), Marcus, Dan and Skylar. Zoe would have been going but she was busy and so was Phil.  The drive there was quiet apart from the radio playing, I guess Finn didn’t have anything to talk about nut neither did I. I pulled up in the car park next to Nandos and we got out of the car. We walked in and spotted Caspar and everyone else at a table so we sat down.

“We decided to wait until you got here before we ate so we haven’t ordered anything yet,” Alfie told us as we picked up a menu. We decided on what we were having and told the waitress. I sat waiting for my food while everyone else chatted about random stuff. I didn’t feel like being here tonight, I had a video to finish, things to do and things on my mind; that was of course until she walked in.

**** Annabelle's POV ****

We got to Nandos quite quickly due to the fact we were on our pennyboards. We stopped outside the door, picked up our pennyboards and entered the fantastically scented restaurant. A waiter approached us and showed us to our table, placing two menus on either side. It was quitter than I expected there were a few people and a big group of people in the corner of the room and us. Kris kept glancing at the group of people, “what are you looking at?” I turned round and looked at the people who were now being served. She carried on staring for a moment before looking at me.

“Nothing,” she said hiding her face slightly behind the menu. “I think I’ll have the double chicken wrap, oh and a coke. What about you?”

“I’m not sure, I think I’m going to have a chicken burger,” I replied. I waved my hand to the waiter asking for him to come over, “One chicken burger, one double chicken wrap and 2 cokes please” He jotted the order down on his notepad and walked off. “So, while we’re waiting... Who was this Jack guy?” I asked curious to know what happened.

She sighed as she took one last glance, “I was at his party last night and I got a little drunk, he asked me to dance, things happened and the next morning I woke up in his bed.”

I sat there for a moment thinking of what to say next, “was he hot?”

She giggled a little in a kind of relieved type way before replying with, “See for yourself, he’s with that group of people.” She turned round and looked at the guy sat on the end of the table, who was looking at her too.

“Dayum,” I replied, he was pretty hot. Personally I thought the guy – who was obviously his twin brother – was much hotter. Even though they were practically identical, there was something different about him. He lifted his head up from his phone and looked directly at me, causing me to look away quickly. Kristine must have noticed me blushing because she started laughing at me, “what?” I asked trying my very best to stop blushing although it was difficult.

“You like Finn,” she said slowly beginning to stop laughing, “I knew you would.”

“How?”

“I know you too well,” she smiled. The waiter walked over with our food and we began eating.

“After what happened, why haven’t you said hello to him or waved yet?” I questioned.

“Because it would be awkward,” she said as finished eating the mouthful of food she had just had.

“How would it be awkward?” I questioned again, starting to get slightly confused.

“Because I kinda left before he woke up…” she said rather quickly before taking another bite of her wrap.

“Kristine Walker, you player!” I replied in shock that she would do something like that.

“It was one night, we were drunk. Can we just leave it?” she asked starting to get annoyed. There’s something she isn’t telling me, I know there is, but if she wants to tell me then she will. We finished eating our food, spent a little while talking; paid the bill then left. Just as we left, Jack and his brother left too.

“Kristine!” I heard someone shout behind us. I and Kris turned round to see Jack running towards us. I moved away slowly to give them some privacy and I stood talking to Finn while they talked.

**** Kristine’s POV ****

Jack reached into his pocket and pulled out my phone and handed it to me, “You picked up the wrong one this morning,” he smiled awkwardly.

“Um, thanks” I replied putting my phone in my pocket and pulled out Jack’s phone, handing it to him. “Here is yours.” I looked behind Jack to where Finn and Annabelle were talking; they actually looked really cute together. We stood there in silence for a couple of minutes just looking at each other. I tried to keep myself from looking at him but I couldn’t help it. He was dressed in a blue checked shirt, blue jeans, he had his hands in his pockets and he was swinging his foot across the floor awkwardly. He looked perfect.

Stop. Stop thinking like that. I have no feelings for Jack – Not like that.

I think.

Luckily Finn interrupted the silence, “Jack, we should get going.”

“Uh, yeah” Jack replied moments later, clearly he was in deep thought to. “See ya,” he said as he walked off.

Oh Jack.

----------------------------

A/N: I've just reached 50 reads which I'm actually really happy about! So thanks again if you've read my fanfic. This chapter is much longer than the first two so I hope you liked it. If you've enjoyed this so far then please let me know in the comments or on my message board, it really encourages me to carry on writing it, thanks! :D

P.S. Sorry if the whole changing POV is annoying for any of you reading; I just think it's better because you know how the other characters feel too.