Chapter 5 - Hello again

**** The next day – Jacks POV ****

Pulling on my jacket, I grabbed my keys and headed out to meet Kristine. I felt- I’m not sure how I felt. Part of me was excited because of seeing her and another part of me was nervous, almost scared, but I’m not sure why. It was a nice day so I skated down to Starbucks and when I got there she was sat at a table in the corner of the room sipping her drink.

I picked up my pennyboard and walked in, ordered a coffee and walked over to the table, “Hi,” I smiled.

“Hello,” she replied, returning a smile. “Are you okay?”

“I’m great, you?” I asked.

She nodded before replying with, “So what’s up?”

“What do you mean?” I took a sip of my coffee.

“Well, is there a reason you asked me to meet you here?” She said and answering my question.

“Oh, I wanted to know if you wanna do a collab video. A lot of fans keep asking me to do another one and I thought it would be nice to do you- I mean do one with you.” I laughed slightly trying to cover up the awkwardness. She laughed too and I put my hand over my face to hide the sight of my blushing.

“Sure, I’d love to do a video with you,” she said, emphasising the word ‘video’ to make sure I heard.

“Great, let’s go!” I finished my drink and picked up my board and we walked out.

On the way to my house we talked about the video and what we could do. In the end we decided to do the ‘accents challenge’. We got to mine and I started to set up the camera whilst Kris looked around my room. She started playing the ukulele which was by my bed and singing ‘I can play the ukulele, I can play the ukulele’ – One of the songs I made up in a previous video of mine. I laughed and told her the camera was ready, to which she sat down on the chair next to me.

“What’s up guys, how’re you doing? I’m here with Kristine; some of you may know her from her YouTube channel. We are going to do the accents challenge which we got the idea for from Marcus and Zoe.” I introduced the video and Kris before explaining that we had pieces of paper with different accents on. One of us would hold up a piece of paper and the other person would have to do that accent so the other could guess what it is – quite confusing if I’m honest.

“Oh my god, It’s Jack and Finn,” she said in a slightly failed American accent.

We started laughing at her attempt, “American.” We went on to the next one, still laughing; she pulled up the piece of paper and showing the word ‘Australian’.

“Look at that kangaroo!” she said trying not to laugh until she finished the sentence. This attempt was worse than the last one and we burst into a fit of giggles. We finished the video after an hour and a half more of laughing and failed accents. After we ended the video, I suggested watching some TV because it was only 4:30pm. She agreed and sat on my bed while I turned the TV on and flicked through the channels. Once we found something to watch I sat down next to her; and surprisingly it wasn’t awkward. The programme we were watching was funny and Kris kept giggling at parts of it. I laughed at one of the parts and Kris laughed too, I looked at her and she looked at me. We fell into an awkward silence, not knowing what to say. I stared into her shining blue eyes and she gazed upon mine. A piece of hair fell over her face; I brushed it out of the way and behind her ear, which left me cupping her face. I realised now that we were closer than thought and I found myself leaning in.

Before I knew it, my lips crashed onto hers. And she was kissing me back.

In that moment I felt happy, like everything was great…until she pulled away. She smiled first before the smile turned into a frown. She froze for a moment, looking like she was about to say something but she didn’t. We just sat there like we did before we kissed, but there was even more awkwardness than before. “I-I,” she said struggling to get her words out. “I should go.” She got up and picked up her camera, putting it in her bag carefully but hastily.

I didn’t go after her; I just sat there on my bed watching her walk out. I know I should have gone after her, but she’d just carry on. I’d call her, but she’d know it was me and wouldn’t answer. I called up Alexa, a friend of mine that I met at university and she said she would be round in 10 minutes – After all, I need someone to talk to.

**** Kristine’s POV ****

I walked out of Jack’s house not knowing where I was going to go. I needed to talk to Chloe but she was on a date with Finn and I didn’t want to interrupt them. I sat on the wall outside the house for 5 minutes and then decided to call Katie. I pulled out my phone and searched through my contacts for her number and called her; “Hey,” she answered.

“Hey, I need to talk to someone. Mind if I come round?” I asked, hoping she wouldn’t be busy.

“Sure; Dan’s out quite surprisingly, so we won’t bother him,” she replied.

“Okay then, I’ll be round in about 10 minutes” I said and hung up. I placed my pennyboard on the floor and began skating to Katie’s. Passing a couple of people along the way, I think I passed Chloe and Finn in the park as well but I didn’t stop to chat.

I reached Katie’s place and picked up my penny, knocking the door as I did so. She answered the door almost immediately and invited me in. Sitting on the sofa, she asked what the matter was and I explained what had happened (the short version of it, obviously). “Wait, so you kissed him back and then walked out?”

“Yeah…” I sighed.

“You player!” She replied.

“What are you on about? I’m not a player. If anyone’s a player, it’s Jack.” I argued even though she may have been right. Jack was a player but now he was being played, by me. I left him the morning after the party without a goodbye or anything and then I kiss him and walk away.

“Well it doesn’t seem that way. I mean, do you have feelings for him?” she questioned and I honestly didn’t know how to answer.

“Yes- No- I don’t know” All these thoughts were going through my head; I didn’t know what to do or say. Of course I have feelings for Jack but I don’t want those feelings to grow, because one of us will get hurt. “Besides, he doesn’t like me he would have told me or given me a sign…” I trailed off, beginning to piece everything together.

She noticed me thinking about it and took the liberty of explaining it for me, “he invited you to get a drink and then to make a video – so he could spend time with you. Then he asked you if you wanted to watch TV – so you didn’t have to go. And finally he kissed you – That was the sign!” She’s right, Jack tried to show me but I didn’t notice.

I need to talk to him, “I need to talk to him.” I said picking my things up and hugging Katie. “Thank you,” I said pulling out of the hug.

“No problem,” she said, “now go find him!” she said following me to the door. I ran out the door and skated as fast as I could to Jack’s house, hoping he would still be there.

----------------

A/N: Well what do you think? I tried to make this chapter longer and hopefully I've succeeded. What do you think will happen? Leave a comment below telling me what you think and if you have any suggestions or theories or anything. Please vote and fan as well, it helps motivate me to keep writing. Oh, I've also - very, nearly, almost - hit 200 reads as well! So thanks for that and I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the rest of the story so far! :)

P.S. I hope you like the trailer I made as well (displayed in the sidebar).

Thanks again! :D