<A True Magic?> England: HHS

I was too lazy to find a Halloween picture for this chapter, so enjoy this random picture I found on my computer.

It is said that a few years ago, a little girl, known by the name of ___, went into a strange and magical forest which was said to be filled with unicorns, fairies and the most beautiful lakes and ponds ever seen. Nobody ever found her ever again, even after search parties went in for days on-end to try to find her. In the end, poor ___ was simply placed down as dead to humanity and everyone gave up the search. To be in all truth, ___ never had died; they just gave up too quickly. There was something special about this girl... She could see... What most humans called myths.

"Whoa... It's so pretty!" she cried as she saw an elegant fairy with decorated brown hair in a short green dress waltz across her gaze. Being the obviously immature and frail child she is, she chased after the fairy. The trees blocked out most of the sunlight, leaving most of her sight to her eyes adjusting to the near pitch-black depths that went on forever. It was only until she noticed a somewhat run down wooden shack, covered in moss and leaves, that she suddenly came to realize her fears overcoming her natural instinct. Covering her arms with her tiny hands, she gradually trailed closer to the shack. What she didn't know was that she fated arrival would change her life forever.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Present Day

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

___ wasn't exactly a little girl anymore. She grew in to a beautiful young lady with gleaming [e/c] eyes and silky [h/l] [h/c] that any guy would fall for instantly. Wearing a carefully woven [f/c] dress, she gazed deeply to the depths of the forest of where she had stayed for years. Her heart felt a flutter as she saw the man of her dreams coming home carrying the logs needed for the fire this winter. His name was Arthur Kirkland and was the one who took her in and gave her a home. She instantly ran outside to greet him by throwing her arms around his neck and screaming "Welcome back!" just like a child would when they saw their father. "Hello, Love. Here, we best get inside quickly before it gets cold."

"What's for dinner, Arthur? I'm starving!" you pouted impatiently as Arthur was handing the smoking oven. "Just wait a few minutes. They're nearly done." You frowned as Arthur placed a plate of burnt scones in front of you. That wasn't good enough for you. "That oven's been broken forever now. When do you plan to fix it?" He shrugged, though he knew that he couldn't cook and didn't want ___ to be disappointed in him. After all, she was his sister that he'd seen grow up right from the start. "Since it's my (number) birthday tomorrow, will you teach me magic?" you asked in the most enthusiastic tone you could muster to try to make him force to have to teach you." He gave you a quick glance and patted your head stating "Magic isn't something that can be just taught. You have to become one with it, Love." "What? You mean like you and Francis did last week?" is what you wanted to say but you just nodded in despair. At that, you gradually started making your way to your bed in the room next to Arthur's. It wasn't much but after years of staying here, you managed to get used to the morning back pains that you frequently got as a child.

At the stroke of dawn, you leapt out of bed, though just quiet enough to not wake Arthur, and grabbed your [f/c] cloak from a nearby stand and a book of magic spells left on the counter. "Maybe if I practice my magic hard enough, I can impress Arthur and maybe he'll like me!" you squealed eternally as you carefully shut the door to the house. The sun had just started to breach in through the gaps of the trees. You knew Arthur would be waking up soon enough so you have to hurry! Dashing off into the forest, you came across a clearing with a pond and small waterfall intact. You sighed and plotted yourself on the ground as you searched through the old yellow book for something that even a novice like you could pull off. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't in your favour and constantly brushed your [h/c] into your [e/c] eyes. "Oh, stop that, wind! Just because you're jealous of Arthuuuuurrrrr!" you pouted to the hidden force tormenting your every movement. You found a page that would allow you to control a magical creature like a fairy, to a troll, to even a gigantic dragon! Even someone like you knew it was probably too much for you and you continued flicking through the pages. And then... You found the perfect spell...

--------------------------------------------------
England's POV? (Second-person, I guess.)
--------------------------------------------------

You rubbed some of the sleep from the corner of your eyes as you finally came out of the haze you were previously in. That nightmare you had last night seemed to be playing tricks on your mind. It was horrific. ___ ran into the forest while you were asleep and tried to practice her magic... And she died a tragic death. Nothing was left over of her. Not even a shed of her soothing [h/c] hair... Then it hit you. Unlike usual times, ___ wasn't here to wake you up, especially on her birthday never-the-less. Normally, she'd run in, tackle your sleeping body and squeal something like "Big brother!" or "Wake up, sleepy!" Out of the curiosity surrounding your every thought, you went over to ___'s tiny room and saw she was completely missing.

All you could feel now was worry. Maybe if you had agreed to teach her magic, she wouldn't have ran off... Even her tattered cloak and the magic book you left out yesterday was missing! All of a sudden, a loud thud could be heard coming from deep in the forest, vibrating the house and nearly knocking you to the floor. Could it be that the dream was coming true...?

----------------------
Third-Person POV
-----------------------

Arthur had never ran so fast in his life. Even in his old-ish days, he couldn't bear to think what might have happened to his dear ___. As soon as he arrived at the clearing, water was sprayed everywhere and a hole of medium size was blown into the earth below. Fear was the only thing he could feel right now. Fear that he'll never get to feel ___'s sweet touch, hear her tingling voice or she her luminous and heart-lifting hair ever again. He knew right then that the feelings he had been hiding away and concealing for years truly were true. [A/E] "Truly were true". Holy crap, did I actually write that Tears started to penetrate his eyes when he saw her [f/c] cloak fluttering which had caught onto a branch of a nearby tree. He was just about to give up when...

"HOLY CRAP!" cried a girl from behind a bush. "I never expected it to burst THAT BIG!" Arthur knew that voice as soon as he saw it. Without even the slightest of hesitation, he directed his attention to where the voice had come from. "I mean, seriously! I just wanted to cook this God damn potato!" The girl stood up and threw the burnt potato in front of her in a fit. Only then, did she realise who had been over-looking her the entire time.

------------------
Your POV
------------------

"O-O-O-Oh... H-H-Hey..." Blushing redder than Spain's tomato (or when you read SpainXRomano fan-fiction...) you extremely awkwardly waved to the Brit standing before you who was pulling off the most failed facepalm in the entire universe. To the lack of your knowledge, he suddenly embraced you, causing a lack of air and you to suffocate. "ARTHUR! CAN... NOT... BREATHE...!" you screamed in agony before he finally released you. "Dear Lord, I thought I lost you, Love..." He grabbed your hands together with the most utter care. "What even happened here?!" You sweat dropped and tilted your head as you pulled the goofiest smile. "Ahaha.. Funny story..." You twisted your foot into the ground. "You see... I was hungry and I tried to cook a potato... Turns out, it was a magic potato that could speak! I was so scared that I accidentally cooked it too much using a fire spell and it exploded..." Arthur remained mainly silence with his green eyes wide open... Because chuckling slightly and embracing you again. "Looks like I will have to teach you a little magic... You had me so worried, Love. It made me realise that I..." He paused. " love you, ___" You were so happy you wanted to cry but all you could do is cry "I love you too!" Hence, you crashed your lips on to his. They tasted like sugar and tea... Surprisingly, he was quite the good kisser, well, to you he was. He began to trail his hands through your [h/l] [h/c] hair and licked your bottom lip, asking for entrance. Obviously, you cheerfully allowed him to explore every single crevasse of your mouth. He really was the prince in all the fairy tales. Apart from Mulan, but Mulan's cool so. After the two of you pulled away for air, there was one thing left to do. "Hey, Arthur?" He looked into your eyes deeply. "Yes, Love?" "Where's my birthday present?" "After all that and all you can think of is presents... Come on, I'll go make a scone cake." "Oh dear God, Arthur, no!!"

Author's Notes: I procrastinated this chapter for SO LONG. Like, two weeks. It's America's upload as I'm writing this, meaning, I had two days to write the next half of this. Sorry if that's why it seemed a little rush. I've also been extremely busy this week, but that's not much of an excuse. I'll do better next time, I swear! Also, Russia rewrite coming next! For some reason, I've fallen in love with Russia (again) and now he's my muffin. No touchie mi muffin.