Chapter 8- Off into the wilderness

" Hello, where is the casualty" The female paramedic asked " He's upstairs first room on the right" I heard Nathan answer. Max was sat with me while Siva had gone in to see how Tom was. Half an hour had past when the male paramedic approached my room with a stretcher and lots of equipment in tow. I looked at Max and said " What's going on why wont anybody come and tell us what's going on, It's been too long" " It's alright they are doing the best they can for him" Max answered. " Will I be in trouble Max?" I questioned. Max gave me a confused glance and said " Why would you be in trouble Poll? You saved his life by raising the alarm. Is there something I should know?" My hands started to shake as I tried to express my thoughts. " I,I I think Riley may have something to do with this, The window was open when I had left Tom and now its closed and he is the only friend of mine who know's where I live, The window wouldn't close on its own". " Why would he do this? What makes you say that?" Max gave me a horrified look. " Since his behaviour on my Birthday I believe he is capable of anything, I think he might be jealous of my feelings for Tom" I replied, I hesitated for a moment and realized what I'd just said why did I say my feelings for Tom. " You have feelings for Tom?, Since when? Am I missing something here?" Max questioned. " Nothing is going on if that is what you think, It's just we have both expressed our feelings for one another that is all" I told him the truth I couldn't lie to him, Not today especially with all this going on. Before Max could reply Siva walked in and said. " Guy's Are you coming with us to the hospital? They've managed to stabilize Tom" I got up and nodded before I could walk out the door Max grabbed me and said " You are not going anywhere, I'll join you later Seev, Keep us posted yeah?" Siva nodded and walked out looking rather confused. " Max what the hell are you doing? I need to be with him I need to see how he is" I shouted. " Do you really think I'm going to let you go with the others after what you have just told me" Max huffed " I don't think you have a say in what I do. In case you didn't know I actually turned 18 a few weeks ago. Oh yeah I forgot you were off jollying while I was alone with my crazed best friend who left me to get attacked and almost killed" I had tears steaming down my face, I didn't try and move. " I'm you're brother Poll, I'm supposed to be caring for you while Mum is away, I couldn't help being away for you're Birthday and I sincerely didn't know what Riley would do to you. You blame for everything that has happened don't you?" I really didn't like his tone. "Did I say I blamed you? I'm done, I'm going, that's it I don't need this right now. Get out of my way and don't expect to see me again" I screamed and ran out of the room and ran down the stairs slamming the door shut behind me. I ran and ran and ran as fast as my legs would carry me. I fished for some change in my pocked and waited for a bus to come my way. After a small wait a bus came and boarded it and off it drove off into the wilderness..............................................................