Chapter Eight

After I had gotten Peter to bed, I came back downstairs and turned on the radio. I cleaned for a bit before sitting down.

I began to watch a movie, though I passed out on the couch. I slept for about half an hour when I was woken up.

"Mama?" It was Peter, he was shaking me awake.

I quickly sat up, yawning slightly.

"Why are you up? I thought you were sleeping," I looked at him.

"What's wrong with papa?" Was how he replied.

Shock hit me. I planned on taking him to see Ber tomorrow, not explain at one in the morning.

I pulled him onto the couch, hugging him tightly and before I knew it, I was a crying mess.

Peter hugged me tightly, swaying, "It's okay, you don't have to tell me if you don't want."

How was he so good at this?

Eventually I calmed down, rubbing me eyes and wiping my nose.

"Do you really want to know?" I asked him.

Peter nodded.

"Well, Papa was on his way to his meeting about a week ago and he had a green light, but some other car decided to go on his red light and hit Papa," Peter's expression dropped, "We think Papa is okay, but he's in a coma right now, so we don't know when he'll wake up.."

Peter looked up at me, his eyes watering. He hugged me tightly.

"Papa probably thinks I hate him. I was really mean to him... He probably hates new and now I can't say sorry!" He cried.

I giggled slightly at this, smiling, "Oh, Peter! Of course he knows you were playing. He really does love you," I smiled, rubbing circles in his back.

We hugged forever before I pulled away looking at him.

"I was going to take you to see Papa tomorrow," I looked at him, wiping what was left of his tears.

"R-really?" He sniffled.

I nodded, "Okay," he hugged onto me tightly.

After a while, Peter had fallen asleep, so I pulled a blanket over us, not wanting to wake him.

I smoothed his hair a bit, calming down.

And then I fell asleep.

--363 words!!!!
Sorry, I forgot about this book for like 11 days, but eh.
Thanks for reading!!!!!!
~Sky--