Chapter Seven

When I went to the hospital today, I wasn't allowed into Berwald's room. The nurse wouldn't tell me why. I had to wait out in the waiting room forever. After sitting there for four hours, they said I had to go home.

Since I'm not direct family, they wouldn't tell me anything, but I doubt anything went right. I have a feeling something went downhill. Maybe he woke up..? I doubt it.

I did have something to do when I got home.

Lukas and Mathias were over, watching Peter. Mathias stayed in the room with Peter while Lukas pulled me aside.

"How is he?" I knew Lukas was only asking for my safety.

"I don't know, I didn't get to go into the room today and they wouldn't tell me why," I sighed, looking at him.

"Oh, any ideas why?"

"Not a clue, but since we don't know what's going to happen, I feel like I should tell Peter sometime soon. He's probably figuring out that it's something other than work," I looked at Lukas.

"Yeah, he's been asking why you've been working so much overtime and where Sve is."

"I just  hope he isn't too upset...maybe I'll explain after I take him to visit Ber?"

"I suppose that would work nicely. Though, he may throw a bit of a fit in the hospital when he realizes its Sve," Lukas shrugged.

"Then, it's settled, as soon as I can, I'll take him," I smiled slightly.

Lukas nodded and went back into the room, I followed him.

Lukas, Mathias, and I talked for a bit while Peter watched some odd show on the television.

After a while, the two left, so I was left with Peter.

"Peter, we're having Lohikeitto for dinner, could you please set the table?" I asked him, tying my apron on.

Peter nodded, setting the table, before coming in.

"Can I help?" He looked up at me. I nodded, handing him a spoon.

"Stir," I instructed, grabbing a few more ingredients.

We cooked and talked about his day at school. For a while, I actually forgot Berwald was hurt. It was nice to relax.

Tomorrow, I'll take Peter to the hospital to see Ber. Hopefully he takes it better than I did.

--355 words!
So, the last update was SUPER short and I'm sorry about that, but I've have a lot going on, and at least I updated right?
I'll update as much as I can, but this week, I'll be home alone the majority of the time, which kind of freaks me out...
Also Lohikeitto  is Salmon Soup, a common Finnish dinner, for those of you who wanted to know.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Sky--