Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Atheena’s POV:

“Hey Cammie”, I said in a sickly sweet tone, “Why don’t you keep Tia occupied for sometime while I have some girl talk with Kiara in my room? I’m pretty sure you don’t want her to see the picture of how 'beautiful' you looked last night.”, I smirked and pulled out my phone, opening his picture and showed it to him, making sure that it was at a safe distance from him.

“God, I must have done something really awful to end up having sisters like the both of you”, he said, scowling.

I chuckled at his dramatic response and joined the others in the living room. It had been an hour since Cam and Kiara were home. Dinner was really fun and now everyone was unwrapping the presents that Kiara had brought for us, as always.

She had brought two cute identical blankets for Tia and Puppy and Tia was absolutely thrilled to receive them. Thank God, my hoodies were safe for a while, well atleast until Tia's fascination with the new blankets wore off.

Mom and Dad opened their present and found a stone show piece which was gonna perfectly match the décor of their room."Thank you sweetie, this is beautiful. But you really don’t need to bring so much, every time you come to visit.”

“Not a problem. I really like to”,Kiara smiled.

She then turned to me and handed me a red cloth bag and asked me to look inside."It’s something I have designed myself", she added grinning.

She was currently studying fashion designing, and having seen a lot of her designs, I was pretty sure that she was going to be a great designer one day.

I opened the bag to see a pretty aqua green summer dress which I couldn’t wait to try on. I got up to hug her and said “Thank you! This is perfect.”

***

“So how’s the junior year going on?”, Kiara asked while we were climbing the stairs to my room.

“It’s great and I really enjoy cheerleading.” I grinned.

“That’s nice. So what’s the new gossip this year,Atheena?” Kiara asked me with a teasing smile, once we entered my room and flopped down on the bed, while Poor Cam was downstairs playing Wii with Tia.

“Nothing much. But I did go on a rather unusual date, yesterday. ”I said ,grabbing a pillow.

“Unusual? Tell me from the start”, she asked, excitedly.

“Okay, Remember I had told you that there were rumors in our school that our history professor wore Spongebob boxers?”

A small smile played on her lips and she nodded knowingly, since we always shared every little detail of our lives with each other.

“So..Summer had dared me to find out whether or not it was true, which by the way it was. And there I was in the men’s room, stalking Mr. Peterson, and it turned out that there was this guy, Gray, who saw me. He then fooled me by saying that he had shot a video of me and blackmailed me to go on a date with him.”

Kiara started laughing, shooting me amused looks and said “You Atheena…are really something else.”

I shrugged and grinned at her.

“So who’s this guy Gray and how was the date?”, she raised an eyebrow and smirked.

“Well..He’s a senior”, and I went on to explain how and why Gray needed me to pretend as his girlfriend at his family dinner.

Kiara found the whole ‘Lucas and the lipstick’ situation pretty funny as well.

“So, he’s a nice guy?”