Chapter 6: Sorry

Reggies POV

Mmmm nothing is better then the smell of bacon in the morning. Even when I am the one making them, I decided I would make some for Alana and ask her what really happened when Dave left (A/N Dave is a nickname for Vernon).

"Damn what is that smell?" I looked over my shoulder to see Vernon stretching while looking around.

"Bacon" I turned back to the bacon that was now burning. I thought he left because of the moment of silence, but I was wrong.

"Hahahah...you...are...making bacon hahah" He hunched back laughing.

"Hey I know I don't cook but I'm trying to bribe my homegirl" Putting the nicely made bacon on a little plate.

"Alana? Why do you need to bribe her?"

"So she can tell us what happened" I said Going to his room where she sat up on the bed liKe she just woke up and was rubbing her little eyes with her smooth hands. She sleepily smiles and me.

"I smelled bacon" she said eyeing the bacon that I held in my hand. But that spark was missing from her eyes like she usually has.

I turned around to Dave. "Told you she would crave it" He just shook his head and followed me.

"Here you-" "Wait!" I looked at Vernon who was holding Alana's toothbrush. Oh

After she brushed and combed her hair she began to eat. I think we creeped her out because she stopped eating and looked at me and Vernon as we stared at her.

"Whats upp" popping the P

"Cutie do you mind telling us what happened last night when I left?" Vernon said getting on the bed behind her and setting her in his lap. She looked uncomfortable then after a moment she spoke.

Alana's POV

*Flashback* when Vernon set her down

Vernon set me down to follow Cole, who was being really loud on the phone.

"Ya man I can't wait! It's been forever since I seen you guys. Who's comin?" He said smiling widely at himself.

He opened the door and was about to close it when I quickly snuck in. Cole walked to the room and shut the door. Did he notice me come in? I went onto the couch looking at the door waiting for him to come out. He'll come out soon.

He came out after a long time. He was wearing all black except his shirt. He scanned the room until his eyes landed on me. I smiled to him.

"I'm hungry Cole." I said quitely. He looked at me then went to the cabinet and got me Cheetos and put them in front of me.

"I'm going to be back in a couple of hours okay baby girl. Just stay here" and with that he left. He didn't even smile at me. I looked down to the Cheetos and saw water on them, I frowned how did that get there. Another on fell on the bag, I realized I was crying. Why? Probably because he left you. He's not my dad why would I care.

I ate the Cheetos and just sat there until I looked at the time 3:40 woah. I'm really tired but I can't reach my blanket or my clothes. I went to the room with the big TV, I opened the door, it wasn't locked. I looked both ways like I do when I cross the street with mommy. I looked down and saw a lot of people, thats too much. Scared I ran back to the door but couldn't get it open. I gave up and sat on the floor holding my legs to me and started crying.

"I want mommy" I said to myself. I got up and looked at The door next to me who I remember was Vernon's room. I knocked on the door still crying. It opened...