chapter twenty-two

I hear Lacey talking upstairs and I only hoped I wasn't getting tortured again. Mudblood was almost healed. It would most definitely be a scar. The word is clear to read, and I hate it. I tend to spend my days tracing it. The reminder of why I am here every single day. I turn onto my side as silent tears fall from my face. "Eva." Lacey calls from upstairs. I ignore the noise and stare at the wall. Exhaustion is all I ever feel anymore. I haven't slept unless I was unconscious from loosing blood or being knocked out. Her arms grab my shoulder and I screamed. "Evangeline!" She exclaims. "Just kill me. Please, stop this." I cry. "I don't want to be on the world anymore. I don't belong! I know I am a mudblood. I know." I sobbed. "Eva, I know you hate me. I wouldn't blame you. But you have to believe me when I tell you this. I was being forced. My parents made me. The other death eaters made me take you. I swear, I would have told you before but I was being threatened. Hell, I still am but you are too miserable." She sobs. I close my eyes still not looking at the monster. "You are lying." I whisper. The clarification that was more to myself than her. "You may think so, and that is okay. But want to know something?" She asks. "What?" I sigh. "Today is our anniversary of being here together for a year." She sniffles. "I bet you didn't realize it,.darling." she carries on. "But today is also something else." She is stalling and it is pissing me off. When I kept silent she stands up, away from me. I close my eyes once more, hoping she would go away but as her hand presses against mine, I opened them. "Fred?"
I shake my head and push hin away. "Not real." I whisper. "I am real." The voice whispers in my ear. Arms wrap around me and lift me. I open my eyes and start crying. "You promise?" I ask. Tears formed in his eyes, "I promise. I am more real than ever." I glance around the room that has caused me so much pain. "I hate her." I whisper, looking at Lacey who was now sitting on the ground. "I know." Fred murmurs, brushing hair out my face. He apparates and I cringe in pain at the movement. "I'm sorry, love." He says quickly. I lay my head against his chest. "I'm such a burden. You don't need me." I snifffle, staring blankly at my bare legs. He says nothing, but then I know why. We are at the burrow, the place I banned myself from going to. "No, I dont want to!" I yell trying to pull away. Pain surged through me and I groan. "Mum!" Fred yells, entering. She runs in and her eyes widen at the sight. "Come here, deary." She ushers. I am laid on the couch and a blanket is put on me. "She needs to be washed off. She is covered in blood and dirt." Molly whispers to Fred. "O-okay." Fred nods. "So, go help her with a bath. I will get the water going. She won't want me to do it." Molly gets up. Fred pushes hair out my face. "Where is Hermione?" I ask. "Hunting for something. Since you left, we all looked for you but they all eventually gave up. I looked everywhere, finally went to America and Lacey found me. I thought she was going to trick me but she actually gave me you." Fred explained. I lift my small boney hand and trace my fingers along his tired face. "Come on now, water is ready." Molly calls. Fred lifts me up and walks toward the bathroom with the blanket around me. Molly leaves as we enter and Fred shuts the door. He takes the blanket off and slowly sets me into the tub. The water instantly turns red. "You know, I didn't expect our first bath together to be like this." He points out, winking. I smile softly but hiss when my cuts start to burn. He grsbs shampoo and starts washing my hair. Then with conditioner, whe he finishes he grabs a rag and soap. He starts scrubbing my neck, going down my back and across my breast (winking at me, pervert) but once he goes across my stomach he stops. "Hey, babe?" Fred questions. "Yeah?" I ask. "She did this?" His words were dangerously getting louder. "It's fine, please." I beg, not wanting to upset him. He takes a deep breath and continues to scrub me down. When he is finished he lets out the bloody-dirt water and washes me off with clean water. "Okay, beautiful, lets go." He kissed my cheek and gets me out, wrapping me with a towel. He carries me out and I am laid on the couch again. "We will fix you," Molly states. "I'm going to get George, I'll be back." Fred tells me. He gives me a long, soft kiss before he pulls away. "I love you." I tell him. The tension between us was getting higher and we both know why. He is about to leave me alone with his mother.
"I love you too. Be good."