Chapter Two

"Are you ready to go to Hogwarts?" Molly asks. We were all sitting at the table eating. I was in between Hermione and George, Fred was right across from me staring into my fucking soul. "I actually don't want to go. I was stopping school after this year at my old school anyway." I explain "Why?" Hermione asks. "I was going to work at Elliots Illusions, my brother owned the joke shop and offered the job....but he isn't my brother so..." I shrug. "You should go back to school then." Hermione smiles. "But why would I go back to school if all I want to do is work at a joke shop?" I ask her, she opened her mouth and Ron mutters, "Twin arguements." Glaring at Ron then back at me, "Why would you want to do that?" She asks. "Ive always wanted to, I have three journals full of inventions." I explain. "I do think you should go bac-" Molly starts but Fred and George jump up, "You are hired!" They exclaim at the same time. "Really?!" I gasp. "I am not seperating from my twin " Hermione glares, standing up with the three of us. "You did it for sixteen years." I tell her, realizing it hurt her feelings I sat down. "What do you want to do, Hermione?" I ask, as Fred and George sit down. "I want to work at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures and help elves become free." She smiles. "Do you want children?" I ask her, her face goes red as she nods. "So, you want to have a nice life with a husband and some kids, a nice paying job?" I ask. "Yes." She nods. "Well, I am wanting to work at a Joke shop." I say simply. "What about kids?" Ron snickers. "I cant have children." I shrug. It goes awkwardly silent. Luckily someone apparated and we all glance up. "Thats our dad, Arthur." George whispers to me. "Oh. Where does he work?" I ask him. "The ministry." George shrugs. I nod and glance up, seeing Fred staring. I lean forward, "Yes, Fred?" I question with a sly grin. "I'm trying to find a difference between you and Hermione. Your personalities are different but every feature is the same." He explains. I look at George then Fred, "You guys look different to me." I shrug. "How so?" George buts in. "You have a mole." I smirk and poke his neck, where the mole is. "I have a mole?!" He shrieks and touches it, making Fred and I roar with laughter. Everyone finished eating after awhile and we all seperated. It was like the cliques at school; Harry, Ron and Hermione and Ginny went off, Fred and George went somewhere..and then I was left alone. I didn't mind. I grab some parchment paper and a quill and went outside. I sat on the porch and started writing.
Dear Lacey,
I moved to Britain, turns out I have a twin. I know you are mad at me but I don't think I will see you again for a long time. We have been bestfriends since we were five and I really don't want it to end because of my brother....well not brother.
Stay safe.
Love, Eve.

I wiped a tear, knowing I can't send a letter to Mom. Whether she wasn't my real mom or not I loved her.
I sniffed and went to my next one.

Dear Elliot,
Hey big brother....I know Im not your real sister. Mom wont remember me so dont mention me. My twin sister erased me from her memory. Tell me how the wedding goes! I really miss you.
Stay safe.
I love you.
Love, Eve

I sent them off and finally went further off the porch. I laid on the grass in front of the house and stared at the sky. I close my eyes and breathe out slowly as my tears fall. "You okay?" My eyes open and I see Fred laying beside me. I roll over to my side and stare at him. "I'm just overwhelmed." I give a light smile. "Go on, I know you want to let it out." He smiles. One thing I could never get enough of, the twins love to joke. I let out a small laugh, before it falls. "Hermione erased my Moms memory, well the mom I grew up with. She also erased my real parents memory." I explain. He nods showing he is listening, "the last thing I said to my mom was 'I hate you'." I whisper, shaking my head. "I was pissed because she wouldn't let me see Elliot." I sigh. "Is Elliot your boyfriend?" Fred asks. "God no! I haven't had a boyfriend, guys are stupid." I joke and he chuckles. "He's my brother, I wanted to go to his wedding." I explain, as it goes quiet. "How does it feel to be a twin?" He asks. I turn back to face the sky. "I don't like it. I love Hermione but I feel like nobody thinks I'm unique anymore." I shrug. "I understand, I just feel different about it." He tells me. "How do you feel?" I ask. "I think it's great having someone exactly like you, knowing what you mean." He tells me. "But you and George aren't the same. Like the fact you were nice enough to come and talk to the loner. Im obviously nothing like Hermione." I tell him with a sigh. "So you pay attention." Fred smiles. I give him a smile and sit up. "I am out here because George went to take a shower and I couldn't find you anywhere else." Fred tells me. My face goes a slight tint of red as I notice him staring at me. "So, about that date." Fred smirks and bumps my shoulder. I nod, laughing. "How about tomorrow? Since you work there anyway, you can probably live with us, we have an extra room. No rush, but eventually after a few months or so." Fred tells me. "Already trying to get me into your home." I wink but nod, "Tomorrow is great." I smile. He stands up and holds his hand out. I grab it and he pulls me up, "You are right about not being the same. You are nothing like Hermione." He tells me as we go inside. "Is that bad?" I ask. "No, you are perfect." His face goes red as he ducks out the room and up the stairs. I grin and notice Molly and Arthur looking at me. "Oh, hello." I smile awkwardly. "You guys are so cute!" Molly exclaims and Arthur chuckles, "I hear you got a job already." Arthur nods. "Yep, it's a record."