chapter thirteen

"Where am I sleeping?" I ask Molly. "With Ginny and Hermione." She calls, as she cooks food and I frown, looking at Fred. "Mom, can she stay with me?" Fred asks. "I don't want you to having sex." She says and Ron snickers (Hermione slaps him, dont worry.) I go upstairs with my bags and set them down before walking back down. "Why are you worried? We have been dating for over three months, we wont have sex and even if we did, whats wrong with that? She cant sleep without me. She is petrified that death eaters will get her." He explains and I enter. "Don't worry, Molly. I'll stay where I'm at." I say quietly. She looks at Fred but nods, "Okay, dear." She smiles happily. "Come on," Ron smiles, grabbing my wrist and pulling me and Harry up the stairs, following Hermione. We all enter Ron's room and he shuts the door. "Why is your mom being so protective all of a sudden?" Hermione asks. "She probably feels intimidated, because she thinks Fred is going to propose soon. I bet thats what they are talking about right now." Ron jokes, but goes serious when he sees our faces. "Here, come here. Listen through this vent, it travels straight from the kitchen. I used this all the time when I was younger." Ron says and we surround around the vent. "But Mom!" Freds voice sounded aggravated. "She cant have children! She isnt good for you, Fred." Molly states. "I love her. I dont care-" Fred starts, "I do. My son needs someone who can provide him with children. You are a Weasley! You will not propose to her! Give me the ring, now." Mollys voice was outraged. As I backed away I shook my head. "I-I'm going." I mutter. "No, Evangeline wait!" Hermione calls. I cant apparate, but I ran. I sprinted down the stairs and out the door. I could hear screaming in the burrow, and I realized how much I ruined their Christmas.
Tears clouded my vision, I ran.
My lungs were in agonizing pain, I ran.
My body stung from the cold, I ran.
I had no where to go, and had no clue what to do. All I had on was a thin sweater and sweatpants, with my boots. My wand was tucked in my boot, luckily. I ran until I found pavement. I looked around before falling helplessly onto the snowcovered sidewalk. "I don't know what Im doing." I mutter. I sniffle and wrap my arms around myself. "You look cold." I jump and turn, seeing George. "Please, go away." I whisper, not bothering to wipe the tears. "I'm hear to help." He says happily. He sits down beside me, taking his jacket off and putting it on me. "How?" My teeth were chattering and I accepted the jacket thankfully. "Mom instantly regretted saying that. She was just mad at Fred. She wants to apologize." George tells me. "I don't want to go back. I want to go home." I cry, burying my head into.his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and gave me a brotherly hug. "But we dont have a tree there." He murmurs. "Not that home. My old home. I want my old home and I miss my mom!" I cry. Everything hurt. My body was still aching from running. My body was numb from the snow. My head was pounding because of all the crying. "I know, Eva. I know." He whispers. "I shouldn't be with Fred. I'm not good for him." I tell George. "You are perfect for him." George argues back. "Not perfect enough." I whisper. "Do you want to go back to the apartment?" He asks. "No, Fred will come." I murmur. "The only reason he isn't here right now is because I said I would handle this. If I show up and you aren't with me, I'm dead." George explains. "Can we go to Angelinas?" I ask. "Angelina?" He asks. "Yeah...she is the only person I can think of and is my only girl best friend-no offense to my sister." I sniffle, wiping my tears. "Im sure she will let you stay. She wasnt doing anything for Christmas anyway." He says, standing up. He apparates us and I look around the house, being here for the first time. "Angelina?" George calls. "George?" She comes into the living room wearing a cute sweater and spandex shorts. It was nice and warm and I felt my body gaining heat. "Can Evangeline stay with you for awhile?" George asks. Angelina looks at my tear filled face and nods. "Yeah, of course. Do you need clothes?" She asks. "I will try to bring her suitcase later. I got to go before Fred leaves the burrow." George says, quickly kissing Angelina and giving me a hug, before apparating. "Sit down, boo. Tell me your troubles." She says, as he leaves. I give a small laugh, trying to get rid of the frozen tears that stained my face. I explained everything and by the time I was finished she was on her feet and running over to hug me. "Dont worry. Molly did the same to me when George invited me over for Christmas, except it was because of something else. So I don't go over there anymore." She says comfortingly. "Are you hungry?" Angelina asks. "No." I mumble. "Go take a shower. The guest bedroom is down the hall and to the left and the bathroom is the first door in the room. When you are finished showering you can go to sleep, I'm about to go to bed anyway." She instructs. I get up and as I am going to the bathroom she walks in, "Here are some clothes. You are a little thinner than me but these should fit." She smiles and hugs me once more, "it'll be fine, boo." I give her a fake smile and thank her before going to the bathroom. I glance at myself in the mirror and cringe. Shaking my head I avoid the mirror and undress myself. I noticed the weight I was putting on and knew I need to start eating healthier. I got in the shower and washed my hair before scrubbing my body down. I got out the shower and dry off, putting on the clothes Angelina gave me. They were loose, even though I always thought Angelina was skinny I never realized I was thinner then her. If i'm thinner than her, I must look smaller than Hermione. I lay down in bed and stare at the ceiling. Staring.

Eyes wide open.

Barely blinking.

Until the next morning.