Chapter XIII

Chapter Thirteen

--------

I found surveillance videos in one corner of the room. They were live.

Exploring, I also found another room, but this had a bed attached to it. I brought the mini TVs into the room and shut the door, and watched while I sat back on the bed. Surprisingly, the bed wasn't so bad.

I was in the room for hours (four, actually) when I started to hear something and see something on the cameras.

A man who I recognized was walking down the hallway followed by another man I recognized.

One was Levi, and my heart pounded at the sight of him, my animal was going crazy. The other was Chris.

They were arguing.

"If you don't have her, then who the hell does!?"

"I don't know." Chris was as calm as ever.

"I'm going to find her. And when I do..."

I cringed.

"Have you ever thought," Chris asked, "that maybe Amethyst doesn't want to be found?"

"She doesn't have a damn choice!"

My anger flared, but I stayed put, though mostly because I had no choice. They continued walking down the halls and now more and more people were filling the basement, searching.

They went into every room. Then I found the camera of the outside of his office. There were three men there. They banged the door open and sniffed the air.

On the other camera where Chris and Levi were still arguing, Levi suddenly went still, rigid, then he looked at Chris with dagger eyes.

He sprinted off and two moments later, he was in Chris's office.

Right above me.

"She's been here!"

"Yes, I suppose she has," Chris said, still calm.

"Then you have her!"

"No, I don't." He sighed. "You realize my father once held her captive in this room, right?"

How clever.

Levi screamed in frustration and punched a hole in the wall.

"Out of curiosity... Why do you want Amethyst so bad anyway?"

Her Dirty Secret [Down Draft]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें