Just One Yesterday

Patrick stayed the night with Elisa and Declan at the hospital that night.

"Honey, you take the spare bed. I'll be fine." Elisa had told him. She fell asleep in one of the more comfortable chairs while he lie awake. Declan was out, and Patrick was left on his own.

Patrick pulled out his phone and tweeted out:

'Hey guys. I don't really know what to do right now. It's pretty late, at the hospital with Declan.' Instantly people had all different answers for him. One of the most popular being to go to sleep, considering it was 2 in the morning.

The second most popular asking if Declan was okay. He had been sure to tell his fans what was going on, as long as it didn't get too personal. Next he sent this out:

'Thank you for your concerns, and yes. Declan is fine as far as we know. He has a case of epilepsy, which is something we can deal with'

He got tons of love and appreciation then. His fans all gave love and support, causing Patrick to smile. He sent out one last tweet: 

'Im gonna get to sleep. I love you guys 💙'

~~~~~

When Patrick awoke it was around noon, and Elisa and Declan were smiling and laughing and- surprisingly Pete was there by Declan's side. He was the first to notice Patrick shifting around in bed.

"Hey, Trick," Pete said softly. Declan looked over and giggled.

"Daddy!" He said, reaching towards Patrick. Patrick smiled and got up, heading toward his son and hugging him. He heard Elisa chuckle a little behind him, squeezing Declan harder.

"Oof, Daddy squishin me." Declan muttered. Patrick laughed and let him go, seeing the smile on his face filling a hole in his stomach.

"Love you, Declan." Patrick said, smoothing out Declan's hair before fixing his own. Declan giggled, and Patrick realized he didn't have his fedora on. "Wait- where's my fedora?" Declan burst into laughter and Patrick smiled. Declan reached under his covers and pulled out his father's fedora, plopping it on Patrick's head.

"You sneaky little thief!" Patrick teased, causing Declan to giggle more. "I'm gonna have to call the tickle monster." Declan gasped, a huge smile still plastered on his face. He shook his head and Patrick smirked, slowly reaching his hands up to Declan's stomach. Careful not to mess up any of the wires, Patrick tickled Declan, getting his son's laughter and happiness in return.

Once he stopped, Declan sat up and tickled Patrick. It wasn't enough to actually tickle him, Patrick just played along.

"Ahh! It's tickling me-e!" Patrick played. He didn't need to pretend to laugh, just this was enough. And throughout the whole scene, all else he could hear were Pete and Elisa laughing in the background along with them.  If only every day could be like this.

(AN: okay, I'm sorry I know this ones short. I didn't really know what else to put for this chapter, so enjoy this...? Whatever that is?)