eleven

Luke stepped inside Noelle's shop and closed his umbrella. It was late, everything was dark outside and it was raining hard. He looked at her but she didn't look at him. Her eyes were fixed on some book and they were wide open. Her face was full of curiosity and excitement at the same time.

"Hello to you too." Luke teased, making her look up from her book.

"Sorry, I didn't realize you were there." She closed the big book and put it under the counter.

"Good story?"

"Yes! I love that book so much!" She grinned, making him smile as well.

Luke looked around, like he always did.

"I've been thinking about something these past few days and I've come to the realization that I don't know what your favourite flower is." He states and she nods.

"That's true. You had never asked me about my favourite flower." She turned to her left and grabbed a small daisy from one of her baskets on the floor and put it on the palm of his hand, her hand gently touching his, sending shivers down his spine.

"Daisies?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

The daisy seemed too simple to be Noelle's favourite flower. He was expecting her to answer with a flower he had never heard of, not with a common flower everyone had already seen a hundred times. Luke had always imagined Noelle as an extraordinary and colourful flower so picturing her as a daisy was something completely new for him.

"I like daisies because everyone hates daisies." She said, leaving him even more confused.

"People usually think daisies are just normal and common flowers and that's why they lose all their beauty. People just think daisies are too average, but everyone loves roses. That doesn't make much sense, does it? Roses and daisies are very common flowers and next to a rose, the daisy would look ugly. That's why I like them; they're the ones that don't fit in, just like me..."

Luke smiled. Every time Noelle spoke, she would say meaningful stuff and not rubbish like the majority of people. Everything she said was beautiful and she believed in every single word that came out of her mouth, and that was something rare. It was hard to find someone that didn't live to impress the others and that's what Luke admired in Noelle; she knew how to be herself.

"You're special, Noelle. You're so intelligent and everything you say is so...so meaningful." Luke said with admiration in his eyes.

"Thank you." She said and shyly smiled. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. What do you want to know?"

"Why are all your tattoos in black and white?"

"Because there's nothing that makes me happy enough to get a tattoo of it in colour. Colours are something that represent happiness and there's nothing happy in my life."

They both stayed silent for a few minutes and after that, Luke took out some daisies out of the basket.

"I want to take them." He handed her the flowers and she smiled. That was the first time he was going to buy more than just one flower. "If you love daisies, then I love them as well."

He gave her the money and was ready to leave the shop when he stopped and turned around to look at her again.

"You didn't tell me the meaning of the daisy." He pointed out.

"Daisies represent innocence and purity and they are great flowers to offer to those you truly care about."

"Maybe one day, I'll give you a daisy" He said and opened the door. "just because I truly care about you."

(Author's note):

I'm so sorry, I know I should have posted this chapter yesterday but I didn't have time to post it because I finished writing it at 2am. Hope you don't hate me for being late!

Once again, I remind you that if you want to, you can make stuff related to this fanfiction (punk edits of Luke, edits of Luke and a girl to represent Noelle, drawings of flowers, drawings of Luke and Noelle, trailers, simple covers for the book, playlists, anything you want related to the fanfiction) and you can send me a message here on wattpad and I'll give you my e-mail so you can send me your stuff or you can post it on tumblr and tag me (my tumblr is kateisinwonderland). I'll post it on my next chapter and give you credit of course!! (Really if you can, please please please do this because that would be super cool!)

Don't forget to vote and comment because that always makes me smile (: Thank you x

(by the way, I'm already working on Michael's fanfiction and I can't wait to start posting it here on wattpad!! :D )