two

The back of Noelle's florist was a beautiful place. She had planted the most beautiful flowers in the little backyard of her shop and she loved taking care of them. Noelle needed flowers like a normal person needs air; to stay alive.

The small garden was her sweet escape and no one knew about it. She wanted to keep that place private and keep the eyes of the strangers away from it.

She was watering the gardenias when she heard the bell above the door ring signalling there was someone in the shop. She put down the watering pot and ran to the shop. She didn't look up to see who had gotten inside the shop when she asked if the person needed help. She was too busy taking off her green gloves and her hat.

"What do violets mean?" She immediately recognized that voice. She looked at the customer and saw the tall blonde boy staring at her with his hard expression.

She looked at his uncovered arms again and saw the ink on his skin. A special tattoo caught her attention and she furrowed her eyebrows confused because she didn't understand the meaning of that picture.

"I'll tell you what they mean, if you tell me the meaning of that tattoo." She pointed to his arm and he followed her gaze to see which one she was admiring.

It was a drawing of an angel with a soft expression and light coloured wings but with some devil horns and a devil tail. He half-smiled and started walking towards the counter. He showed her his arm and then looked at her but her eyes were still fixated on the image, trying to figure out the meaning.

"In this world, no one is an angel. There's always a little bit of evil in every one of us."

She looked into his eyes and for the first time she saw some kind of emotion in them. That tattoo had such a thoughtful meaning and she wanted to know more about the mysterious boy standing in front of her.

"That's an odd tattoo. I mean, I've never seen anyone else with a tattoo like yours."

"That's because I'm not like everyone else." He looked at her with an amused expression. She was confused and fascinated by the guy at the same time. She wanted to get to know him, the real Luke and not just look at him as the guy who works at the tattoo parlour in front of her flower shop and receives dirty looks from the people who walk by him.

"Can you tell me now the meaning of violets?" He let his arm fall to his side again.

"Violets usually mean faithfulness and in Christian art, the violet represents Virgin Mary's humility."

"I want to buy some violets." He took off his wallet and she took out the flowers from their basket on the floor.

He handed her the money and grabbed the flowers, turning around to leave the small shop.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Noelle."

(Author's Note):

I hope you're enjoying it so far. If you are, please vote and comment because that would mean a lot to me! Thank you x